for those who can't or won't get along but still make us laugh

evhudsonsevhudsons Posts: 1,172
edited February 2012 in Video Games
I have been reading the daily funnies on some of the threads here, one being closed yesterday due it's final run of fun. Many of us have gaming consoles. I have both xbox360 which I might sell or keep, and a ps3 which I still play.

This might be a great way for everyone to hash out their differences and form alliances in a gaming format.


I'm tired of actual children ranting and whining screaming etc while playing. I would much rather play with you guys and would love it if yall list your gamertags and consoles so we can hook up friend or foe. It obviously would make it much more interesting and fun.

Right now I am playing blackops, battlefield3, and will get the new rainbow6 coming out.

Some of the silliness of these threads can be taken back to the field.

My gamertag in both formats is "IslandBerserker"

Polk Audio SDA CRS+ (4.1TL by Trey, Larry's Rings)-
SDA SRS2-Parasound HCA1500ax2/1000
Yamaha xa1000-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround back
NHTsuper1's surround
Nad2700-sub, AdcomGFA-555 -Magnepan SMG
Parasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Marantz 2230/B&Kst140- outdoor B&W/Bose/Parasound/KefC75/c40/Polksub
Technics 1200mk2
Gamertag: IslandBerserker
I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
Post edited by evhudsons on
«1

Comments

  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,683
    edited November 2011
    I pretty much am a Halo ONLY kinda guy. You will find me most Sunday's (when the wife is at work) playing on the 360. Gamertag is RabidPuppy (:smile:). Had that gamertag since Halo multiplayer was invented as "ALittleBoy" was taken as was "TheGreenGiant"....

    Please PM me with your gamertag if you plan on adding me. I dont add folks unless I know who they are.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ZerosZeros Posts: 945
    edited November 2011
    I sent you a friend request, Zer0s X
    evhudsons wrote: »
    I have been reading the daily funnies on some of the threads here, one being closed yesterday due it's final run of fun. Many of us have gaming consoles. I have both xbox360 which I might sell or keep, and a ps3 which I still play.

    This might be a great way for everyone to hash out their differences and form alliances in a gaming format.


    I'm tired of actual children ranting and whining screaming etc while playing. I would much rather play with you guys and would love it if yall list your gamertags and consoles so we can hook up friend or foe. It obviously would make it much more interesting and fun.

    Right now I am playing blackops, battlefield3, and will get the new rainbow6 coming out.

    Some of the silliness of these threads can be taken back to the field.

    My gamertag in both formats is "IslandBerserker"
  • evhudsonsevhudsons Posts: 1,172
    edited November 2011
    awesome! I'll friend you back as soon as I'm online tonight before the drivin n cryin concert.

    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ (4.1TL by Trey, Larry's Rings)-
    SDA SRS2-Parasound HCA1500ax2/1000
    Yamaha xa1000-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround back
    NHTsuper1's surround
    Nad2700-sub, AdcomGFA-555 -Magnepan SMG
    Parasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
    Marantz 2230/B&Kst140- outdoor B&W/Bose/Parasound/KefC75/c40/Polksub
    Technics 1200mk2
    Gamertag: IslandBerserker
    I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • evhudsonsevhudsons Posts: 1,172
    edited November 2011
    I think because of this forum I will keep my xbox360 and just sell most of my unused games and assessories

    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ (4.1TL by Trey, Larry's Rings)-
    SDA SRS2-Parasound HCA1500ax2/1000
    Yamaha xa1000-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround back
    NHTsuper1's surround
    Nad2700-sub, AdcomGFA-555 -Magnepan SMG
    Parasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
    Marantz 2230/B&Kst140- outdoor B&W/Bose/Parasound/KefC75/c40/Polksub
    Technics 1200mk2
    Gamertag: IslandBerserker
    I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • leroyjr1leroyjr1 Posts: 8,799
    edited November 2011
    Call of Duty MW3 anyone?

    Lscar27
  • badgerbadger Posts: 17
    edited December 2011
    mw3 ps3
  • evhudsonsevhudsons Posts: 1,172
    edited December 2011
    Zeros wrote: »
    I sent you a friend request, Zer0s X

    I didn't see the friend request? I'll try and send you one.


    for today's post, I agree, ps3

    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ (4.1TL by Trey, Larry's Rings)-
    SDA SRS2-Parasound HCA1500ax2/1000
    Yamaha xa1000-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround back
    NHTsuper1's surround
    Nad2700-sub, AdcomGFA-555 -Magnepan SMG
    Parasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
    Marantz 2230/B&Kst140- outdoor B&W/Bose/Parasound/KefC75/c40/Polksub
    Technics 1200mk2
    Gamertag: IslandBerserker
    I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • tommyt21tommyt21 Posts: 685
    edited December 2011
    My tag is Violentsoul 21, Typically play halo but i'm currently stuck on Skyrim.
    Living Room
    Fronts: RTi A7's
    Center: Csi A6 VR3 "Fortress Plus"
    Front Heights: Rti A1
    Surrounds: Rti A3
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4 Damn this is a good SUB
    Pioneer Pioneer Elite: SC-35-> Emotiva XPA-3
    TV: Lg LW6500 55" Passive 3D
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

    Acoustimac red suede panels
  • jaycamjaycam Posts: 100
    edited December 2011
    Xbox360
    gamertag monkeyspit 83

    MW2, BlackOps, Gear of War, GoW2

    Hoping to get MW3, BF3 and Gears3 soon!
  • dfretwelldfretwell Posts: 103
    edited January 2012
    i have all three consoles. Thinking about getting rid of everything except PS3. Any reason why I shouldn't?
  • ShizelbsShizelbs Posts: 7,424
    edited January 2012
    Because the fun games are on 360?
  • AfterburnerAfterburner Posts: 30
    edited January 2012
    I mean this in a fun joking manner...

    We own all three types of consoles but keep using the Wii for dancing/exercise and the rest collect dust... Might be because we have WAY more fun on the PC with most of the games :razz:

    Personally I have over 700 hours in Battlefield Bad Company 2...

    dscf4806.jpg
    LG 55LH90 | Onkyo TX-NR809 | Emotiva XPA-3 | polkaudio RTi12 | polkaudio CSi5 | JBL ES250P | polkaudio RTi4(4)
    "Sound satisfaction is in the ears of the beholder and what that pocketbook bares"
  • kuntasenseikuntasensei Posts: 3,270
    edited January 2012
    That's one hell of a setup there, man!

    But yeah... I'll stick with my 360 on the 100" screen for now. Can't go TOO crazy. ;)

    And dfretwell, keep whichever works for you. I can't do PS3 because of the controllers (which is also why I didn't have a PS2 either), so between that and the superior online experience, 360 wins for me. If PS3 is what's doing it for you, then there you go. But then, everyone I know games online with their 360 and uses their PS3 mostly for Blu-rays.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,631
    edited January 2012
    what game is that Afterburner?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

    Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

    “If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • AfterburnerAfterburner Posts: 30
    edited January 2012
    what game is that Afterburner?

    That is a screenshot taken from a Call of Duty game I seem to remember... All I can say is this... It is like wearing blinders when watching a video (Think horse type blinders) and then removing them. Or drive your car with a set of blinders... You can do it, but man it is a lot harder. It is a totally new experience and worth every penny and ounce of energy to put together in the higher resolutions (To not have the blinders :razz:)...
    LG 55LH90 | Onkyo TX-NR809 | Emotiva XPA-3 | polkaudio RTi12 | polkaudio CSi5 | JBL ES250P | polkaudio RTi4(4)
    "Sound satisfaction is in the ears of the beholder and what that pocketbook bares"
  • audiocr381veaudiocr381ve Posts: 2,584
    edited January 2012
    This sounds like fun. Only problem is I don't have enough discipline to STOP playing, so I avoid gaming all together. Gotta know your weaknesses :cheesygrin:
    || Polk SDA-CRS+ with all the goodies
    || Totem Hawk
    || Pass Labs Aleph 30
    || Rogue Perseus Magnum Tube Preamp
    || Dodd Reference Level Preamp
    || Chord Hugo
    || Wyred 4 Sound Remedy
    || Tidal
    || Squeezebox Touch
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,032
    edited February 2012
    Wait a second here...EV...You live in the Keys and your inside playing games ? If I didn't love ya bro I'd come down there and slap you upside the head.:cheesygrin:
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • SyndilSyndil Posts: 1,591
    edited February 2012
    This sounds like fun. Only problem is I don't have enough discipline to STOP playing, so I avoid gaming all together. Gotta know your weaknesses :cheesygrin:

    I can relate to that. I refuse to play MMORPGs for that reason. Eve wasted way too much of my time. I like a game where I can go in, trounce some people and leave.

    RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 11,264
    edited February 2012
    rosanne114 wrote: »
    Very nice man!

    Spammer. You forgot your link. New to the business? :rolleyes:
    Bud - Silicon Valley

    Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

    Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

    Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • evhudsonsevhudsons Posts: 1,172
    edited February 2012
    haha. well, we spend so much time with sunshine it's nice to see rain sometimes, in fact a real rainstorm is cause for a party! So, a fun day working and dealing with such nice folks as we have here is cause for guns and grenades!

    I have three sets of french doors opening up to my tropical rainforest style yard with waterfall and pool, and of course being in key west that is my gaming layout. I have my surround speakers as well as the outdoor speakers to give a really huge field effect. I don't keep it so loud the neighbors here, plus others would hear too much anyway on the mics. My gaming is both in and out. Key West is awesome. I was being sent to the Musicland Corporation headquarters in Minneapolis as a recent college grad, and decided to quit and move to Key West with no job prospects, just my gut feeling it would work and be worth it.

    I was so right!

    I use the dvr because the day is for living the life in the keys, and only watch movies, sports and games at night. For games I just turn my phone off so I don't get spoiler alerts. I save plenty of life time from avoiding commercials, which allows more time outside.

    yep, year round grilling, and there is no such thing as winterizing boats or pools. In fact my pool is about 83 degrees right now. Star gazing and meteor watching is stellar. Beer and friends, happy hours, you name it, plenty to do, including some gaming! It's actually hard to fit too much game time in, which is why I'm usually signing on no earlier than 9pm or 10pm. This week work has been so busy I have been gaming more just to get some quick fun in before I grill some lobster tail, drink some good beer, and go to bed after I'm dry from swimming in the pool.

    and then there's the hot tub which my wife has no problem having her attractive friends come over getting topless.
    The fact my wife fishes even more than me and is accepting of my audio hobby is just a bonus to my life here!

    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ (4.1TL by Trey, Larry's Rings)-
    SDA SRS2-Parasound HCA1500ax2/1000
    Yamaha xa1000-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround back
    NHTsuper1's surround
    Nad2700-sub, AdcomGFA-555 -Magnepan SMG
    Parasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
    Marantz 2230/B&Kst140- outdoor B&W/Bose/Parasound/KefC75/c40/Polksub
    Technics 1200mk2
    Gamertag: IslandBerserker
    I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • MudfrogMudfrog Posts: 39
    edited February 2012
    Syndil wrote: »
    I can relate to that. I refuse to play MMORPGs for that reason. Eve wasted way too much of my time. I like a game where I can go in, trounce some people and leave.

    I had 120 hours in the first month of Skyrim. In all fairness I warned my wife several months prior. I did have to buy her like 5 or 6 books for her Kindle so she would have something to do :D

    90% of what I play is on the PC. The kids mainly use the 360 / wii. I'll play console specific titles of the 360 which is actually why I bought it.
    Main HT:
    Speakers: CS2, Monitor 70's, Monitor 30's, BIC F12 12" Sub
    Receiver: Denon AVR-2200W
    TV: 60" Vizio M60-C3- 4K
    HTPC: I3-3220, 4GB, 560ti, 7 TB of HDD's, LG Bluray
    Bluray: Pioneer BDP-150
    Other: Xfinity X1, Xbox One
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,032
    edited February 2012
    evhudsons wrote: »
    haha. well, we spend so much time with sunshine it's nice to see rain sometimes, in fact a real rainstorm is cause for a party! So, a fun day working and dealing with such nice folks as we have here is cause for guns and grenades!

    I have three sets of french doors opening up to my tropical rainforest style yard with waterfall and pool, and of course being in key west that is my gaming layout. I have my surround speakers as well as the outdoor speakers to give a really huge field effect. I don't keep it so loud the neighbors here, plus others would hear too much anyway on the mics. My gaming is both in and out. Key West is awesome. I was being sent to the Musicland Corporation headquarters in Minneapolis as a recent college grad, and decided to quit and move to Key West with no job prospects, just my gut feeling it would work and be worth it.

    I was so right!

    I use the dvr because the day is for living the life in the keys, and only watch movies, sports and games at night. For games I just turn my phone off so I don't get spoiler alerts. I save plenty of life time from avoiding commercials, which allows more time outside.

    yep, year round grilling, and there is no such thing as winterizing boats or pools. In fact my pool is about 83 degrees right now. Star gazing and meteor watching is stellar. Beer and friends, happy hours, you name it, plenty to do, including some gaming! It's actually hard to fit too much game time in, which is why I'm usually signing on no earlier than 9pm or 10pm. This week work has been so busy I have been gaming more just to get some quick fun in before I grill some lobster tail, drink some good beer, and go to bed after I'm dry from swimming in the pool.

    and then there's the hot tub which my wife has no problem having her attractive friends come over getting topless.
    The fact my wife fishes even more than me and is accepting of my audio hobby is just a bonus to my life here!

    Man, I want to be you when I grow up.:smile:
    Your living the dream my friend, congrats to you and your topless friends.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • evhudsonsevhudsons Posts: 1,172
    edited February 2012
    It's a dream I had when the Navy made me shovel snow in 40 below wind chill and 20 knot winds on the lakeshore wearing only a peacoat and worthless issue white scarf. Chicago was protected by 40 miles and my frozen behind blocking some of the wind which was more a knife than wind.

    Correction: its the dream I had since before I can remember!

    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ (4.1TL by Trey, Larry's Rings)-
    SDA SRS2-Parasound HCA1500ax2/1000
    Yamaha xa1000-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround back
    NHTsuper1's surround
    Nad2700-sub, AdcomGFA-555 -Magnepan SMG
    Parasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
    Marantz 2230/B&Kst140- outdoor B&W/Bose/Parasound/KefC75/c40/Polksub
    Technics 1200mk2
    Gamertag: IslandBerserker
    I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • SyndilSyndil Posts: 1,591
    edited February 2012
    Mudfrog wrote: »
    90% of what I play is on the PC. The kids mainly use the 360 / wii. I'll play console specific titles of the 360 which is actually why I bought it.

    Same here, except for me it's more like 99% vs 1%. Only console I have is a Wii, and even that pretty much only gets used for Rock Band. Yeah, that's right, a Wii... for Rock Band. Silly, I know. Thought we would use it for exercise games, but not so much. Should have gotten a PS3 instead. MS can go suck an egg with their Xbox Live fees.

    RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • kuntasenseikuntasensei Posts: 3,270
    edited February 2012
    Syndil wrote: »
    Should have gotten a PS3 instead. MS can go suck an egg with their Xbox Live fees.
    Yeah, 'cause that $3 a month I pay really breaks my wallet. Fortunately, 7-person cross-game party chat, an easy invite system and a regulated gaming network with 24/7 moderation makes up for how utterly broke I am after paying for Xbox Live. :rolleyes:

    (Seriously... Why do people still **** about this? If you can't afford $35-$60/year for the advantages of Xbox Live, you really shouldn't be spending $300 on a console anyway.)
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • SyndilSyndil Posts: 1,591
    edited February 2012
    It's not the fee, it's the principle of the fee. You can get all of that on PSN for free, and you can get a lot more than that on PC for free. There's a reason my Steam library contains... well I lost count, but a crapload of games.

    And you don't have to get all testy just because I said something nasty about your precious Xbox. It's OK to disagree. I'm sure you can think of plenty of nasty things to say about my Wii. Go ahead, I promise it won't bother me.

    RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • KaosTsocKaosTsoc Posts: 372
    edited February 2012
    I have to agree with syndil on the xbox fee. I have both ps3, and xbox, and like them both for there own reasons, and play both. However it is the principle of the fee, I mean in four years give or take you could have enough to buy a ps3, and play for free online. There tech support sucks pretty bad too, so not only do I pay to game, but I pay to get crappy tech support. Not that the ps tech support is any better, but I can at least justify the crappy service, cause it is free. Oh, and syndil your wii sucks too....Hope that hurt you lol.:razz:


    Thanks.
    2006 Prerunner Access Cab
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

    Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12
    Kinetik HC2000 battery and Sleeve
    200 Amp Mean Green High Output Alternator




    Need a DJ, photobooth, or both for rent?

    http://photoboothdallas.org
  • kuntasenseikuntasensei Posts: 3,270
    edited February 2012
    Syndil wrote: »
    It's not the fee, it's the principle of the fee. You can get all of that on PSN for free, and you can get a lot more than that on PC for free. There's a reason my Steam library contains... well I lost count, but a crapload of games.

    And you don't have to get all testy just because I said something nasty about your precious Xbox. It's OK to disagree. I'm sure you can think of plenty of nasty things to say about my Wii. Go ahead, I promise it won't bother me.
    Oh, I wasn't getting testy, nor throwing out the usual fanboy ire. It's just that people act like it's this horrible expense that they should be mortally offended by, and that's a silly reason to avoid the most popular console for online play. And actually, the things I mentioned are all things you CAN'T get on PSN, for free or otherwise. The PS3 doesn't have them, which is my point. Yeah, Xbox Live costs money... but it isn't like you don't get value for that money above and beyond what PSN offers. It's worth the $3/month that I pay to be able to chat with my friends no matter what game they're in, party up using the built-in party system, join games as a party so that we're all on the same team and don't have to hear the chatter of others, and know that if I file a complaint against some idiot they are actively regulating the system.

    I mean we all wish things were free, especially coming from the legacy of PC... but Xbox Live is a closed regulated system that makes these things super easy on a console, and $3 a month shouldn't be enough of a dealbreaker for you to think they should "suck an egg". That's a misplaced sense of entitlement, especially given the disparate cost of entry between PC and consoles. And if you really examine the history of PC, many of those features were once pay services as well, and have never been endemic to the system. Steam has gone a long way to fixing that in recent history (and God bless them for it, because PC desperately needed some standardization), but even then you have encroaching systems like EA's Origin that are starting to fragment the market.

    This is all especially relevant where Rock Band is concerned, since Xbox Live has more downloadable songs thanks to the Rock Band Network. Why? Because user submissions for RBN are done through Microsoft's XNA program, which is partially funded by Xbox Live revenue. Just sayin'... There's value there as well.

    Not trying to piss in your cornflakes, man. Just don't understand why people are actually pissed about them charging a comparatively paltry sum for so much functionality (arguably the most online functionality in console history, and the number of active users bear that out) just because they think it should be free ON PRINCIPLE. Yeah... how'd that work out for all the PSN users whose info got leaked? How about that month-long PSN outage? Sony had to spend money to call in external companies to audit their network, then had to spend a ton of money trying to improve PSN during a time when their company was losing profits like mad. Xbox Live, on the other hand, handles all of their network internally and maintains 24/7 regulation and enforcement thanks to Xbox Live Gold subscriptions. If you don't see the value there, I suppose I might as well be talking to myself... but that doesn't change the fact that there's a distinct difference worth paying $3/month for online console gaming.

    (And yeah, your Wii sucks. :wink: Friend codes? God, I hope Nintendo's new network for the Wii-U fixes that nonsense!)
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • SyndilSyndil Posts: 1,591
    edited February 2012
    I never said I was pissed about the fee. I would only be pissed about it if I was paying it, and I'm not. You think I'm missing out on the "best" console because of that, and I disagree. A console that requires a monthly fee, in my opinion, cannot be the best console, period, regardless of how much the fee is or anything else. If you think I am missing out because of that attitude, I'm not. I honestly don't give a crap about chatting online and all that stuff. The one and only use I have for a console is casual games--games that I am playing there in the living room with my friends or family, like Rock Band.

    The only reason I said I would like a PS3 instead of my Wii is because it will play RB3 in HD, and because RB on the PS3 has better legacy support than on the Wii (you can import more tracks from your earlier RB versions). That's it. If I had one I might get some racing games for it too, (talking about the excellent Gran Turismo series, of course), but I can't take anyone seriously that plays a first-person-shooter with a thumb-controlled pad. That's kiddy stuff.

    And the cost argument for the console only applies if you only have to buy the console once. Two of my best friends are fairly hardcore Xbox 360 gamers, who of course pressure me all the time to get an Xbox. But both of them are on at least their third or fourth Xbox 360 and one of them is on his second Kinect, since they keep breaking down after the warranty expires. Add to that the higher cost in general of Xbox games compared to PC games (Steam has great sales all the time) and I am absolutely certain that they have spent far more money on their Xboxs than I have on my PC over the same number of years, and my PC is definitely no slouch of a machine. And if you add to that the fact that they both also own a PC for other reasons, then spending a little bit extra to make your PC a gaming rig is an absolute bargain compared to owning a console. If you were to buy a PC that turned out to be an unreliable piece of crap, then you could simply buy a different brand and use completely different hardware. Those two are stuck with whatever MS decides to sell them, because they have no other choice. They are too invested in the Xbox ecosystem to not buy a new Xbox 360 when theirs breaks, and they absolutely do break.

    BTW, MS charging a fee does not make them immune to hacking, and I can find nothing that indicates that there are more RBN songs available for Xbox than there are for the PS3.

    RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • kuntasenseikuntasensei Posts: 3,270
    edited February 2012
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/27/rock-band-network-store-coming-to-ps3-wii-players-out-of-luck/
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94244-How-the-Rock-Band-Network-Works-on-PS3
    Those were just two of the links immediately available. Rock Band Network songs go straight up on 360... and then are filtered down for later release on PSN. PSN doesn't get 100% of that content, nor does PSN offer a service for people to actually create their own content from their songs. That has given the 360 a ton of indie support in Rock Band, which has greatly expanded the library of songs.

    And nothing makes anyone immune to hacking. The difference is that thanks to Xbox Live subscriptions, Microsoft has full-time IN-HOUSE monitoring of the network and can immediately respond to hacking attempts WITHOUT losing money on the venture the way Sony did. That's why their longest outage ever has been measured in hours compared to the month-long PSN outage.

    If casual games are your bag, then you're good with what you have... but don't act like $3/month is an offensive amount for the vast majority of console gamers who enjoy the online features (and can play a FPS pretty damn well with analog sticks, even if mouse and keyboard are more precise by their nature). I mean, it's not like Sony's going to start charging for some of the features Xbox Live offers. Oh, wait... they already are.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!