Alpine PDX M12 or Alpine MRX M100

Options
KaosTsoc
KaosTsoc Posts: 372
edited November 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok. So, I am kind of in a toss up right not between the two amps. I now have 2 SR 12 SVC's, and now that I have MM6501 amp bought (Alpine PDX F6), it is now time for the sub amp. So, my question is which one would better suited to push the two 12's. I know that if I get the PDX M12, the birth sheet shows 1245-1250 RMS, but no real max out put so, I am a little confussed there. However when I look at the specs for MRX M100, they show I think 600 RMS, but a peak of 1900. So, I am little confused, and need so thoughts on which one would be best suited for this????

Thanks.
2006 Prerunner Access Cab
5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
Pioneer P860 Head Unit
Polk Audio MM6501
Alpine PDX F-6
Two SR124(SVC)
Alpine PDX M12
Kinetik HC2000 battery and Sleeve
200 Amp Mean Green High Output Alternator

Need a DJ, photobooth, or both for rent?

http://photoboothdallas.org
Post edited by KaosTsoc on

Comments

• arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Either would be fine. You can wire the the two subs to present a 2 ohm load. The PDX would give you 1200 watts and the MRX would give a 1000. The PDX will be smaller, if space is a constraint.
  • KaosTsoc
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The good thing is that I have at least a foot or more on the floor for space, so space is not that limited, but not that much either. My main goal is to get as close to the SR's 700 watt RMS as I can. I know the PDX would give roughly 600 - 625 of power each to the subs, and that is pretty darn close, but my real question though is what is the max that the PDX will produce? They give that spec for the MRX, but not the PDX..... The one I was going to was the Alpine MRP M2000, but Apline discontiuned it so, they might try to not honor the warrenty or something. Hence why I am down to these two. However, are there any other amps that you can think of that would be with in the same price range, and just as efficient?

Thanks.
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12

• arun1963
    edited November 2011
    Options
    500 watts per sub will be more than plenty. You don't have to run 700, just cause that's the RMS on the sub.
  • KaosTsoc
    edited November 2011
    Options
    That is what I was thinking, plus I more than likely will never run my system at is max potential ever, and if I did it would be so loud that I would not be able to take it. Ok, well that helps me out. As much as I like the MRX, I think I will opt of the PDX, one for space, and look, and since I already have the PDX F6 i would like to keep the same look, and two I will get about 100 more watts of power give or take. That is good, cause I dont really want to buy a new amp, and later on down the road go damn.... I need the extra power for these other speakers or what not. I figure if I am going to spen this much money on good stuff, I plan on keeping this equipment for a looonnnggg time.

Thanks.
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12

• arun1963
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I ran my 12" momo sub 400 RMS, for several years off ~200 watts. I never felt like I lacked anything in that dept. You're really going to like the SR subs. Great hu too.
  • KaosTsoc
    edited November 2011
    Options
    When the SR's came in, and I was able to touch them etc. I was in shock at one, how heavy they are, and two how pretty they look. As for the watts thing. I know 100 watts +/- is not going to do much for db, but I like to have the extra JUST in case i want to change the subs up, but I have a feeling I will be all set with the subs, and should be happy for several years. My other big concern, is clipping the amp. I dont want to do that if I can prevent it, but I think the PDX will be just fine. The HU I got from DSkip for a good price, but I have not put any power to it yet so, I hope it will work with not bugs, or hickups. DSkip did say he put power to it, and it worked, but that was earlier this year when that happened...... I think?????? At any rate I will be taking pictures of my install, and set up once i have all the equipment. So, picture's will be coming I am sure with in the next six months or so.

Thanks.
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12

• KaosTsoc
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the correction on the HU. I thought is was 880. I have a few more things I need to get my hands on before I get it all installed. DSkip, I do plan on getting with you once I have most if not all the equipment I need to install everything. I was going ask, cause I will need the help getting around the HU for sure. As for beverage goes, dont worry that is a given. I will bring no less than a 12 pack lol.

Thanks.
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12

• KaosTsoc
    edited November 2011
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    The beverage is for you :smile:. I'm stocked, or at least will be prior. I am not a fan of beer, although I was able to drink the Shiner Boch left in the fridge after I found a beer mug to pour it into.

Cool deal. Well if you dont like beer, then whiskey is another option. I like to drink by myself in all, but when you have other people around, I believe in sharing. No worries either way though. I will keep you posted on where I am at. More than likley install wont happen untill after christmas.

Thanks.
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12