How are these cables?

Options
Kazimir
Kazimir Posts: 51
edited October 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
So I need some 1ft rcas to eliminate some of the mess in my amp rack... Has anyone tried canare gs6 rcas? They appear to be decent and priced well, just with the RCAs being so close to the power wire inside the rack, I would like something well shielded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canare-GS6-GS-6-RCA-RCA-Audio-Cable-1-Ft-BLACK-/120734463204?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1c55b4e4
Post edited by Kazimir on

Comments

• Kazimir
    edited October 2011
    Options
    So I keep over thinking this. To go from the computer to the MS8 is it TS or TRS 1/8 plug -> 2xRCA? I would assume TRS.
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited October 2011
    Options
    As far as RCA's go the Canare will be fine ofcourse, but you're still spending eleven bucks a foot :smile:. Imagine if you had to run 8-9' lengths. On the MS-8 question, I have no idea since I've never seen, much less used one.
  • Kazimir
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Really hate reading about cables lol. I think i figured this out and while yes it is expensive, trying to find short cables that dont completely suck is a pain. My runs are actually 1x8in aux->RCAx2, 4x7in RCA, and 1x20in RCA Y splitter. With standard 6ft cables, thats about 48ft of cable I would need to hide as opposed to neatly arranging 10ft. Also, while my runs aren't long and I think I have concocted a plan to keep the RCAs and power wires separate, some shielding would be nice.

I am actually trying to figure out how cost effective it would be for me to make my own locking cables. Having trouble trying to find the difference between RCAs and interconnects (or grounded vs ungrounded RCAs). I think in the car environment, locking plugs would be nice. And exact lengths would be even better. Trying to fit 2amps, 1ms8, a computer, and a SR12 in a trunk while leaving access to the ski pass thru and spare tire is challenging as well as not crossing ever wire.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2011
    Options
    knukonceptz.com

done.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it