Complete Polk install. Step 1. Fiberglass enclosure and PA D amp mounting. With Pix

Options
alienagneda
alienagneda Posts: 28
edited October 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
As promised from another thread I thought I would share my new install. Step 1a. Fiberglass sub enclosures is complete. This was my first fiberglass project and while time consuming as nothing else, the end results are worth it. I saved most of my trunk space, the spare tire is still accessible and they look pretty kewl :mrgreen:

Still kicking around replacing the spare tire cover with some mdf and putting the Polk amps in the spare tire area. The 2010 Accord Coupe has a foam 2.25" jack mold above the actual spare so the new PA D's would have room. Would router two openings to show the amps and counter sink clear acrylic on top for protection. Kind of worried about air flow and cooling. I really dont want the amps on the rear seats as is commonly done. Not pleasing to the eye IMHO.

Suggestions welcome.

Step 2. Mount the amps and run the power from engine bay.
Step 3. Deaden doors and mount my SR6500's!!!
Step 4. Install Pioneer 4300DVD double din in the dash.
Step 5. Tweak ... Tweak and Tweak.

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg
Post edited by alienagneda on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Wow, you did a phenomenal job with those sub enclosures! Looks like they fit perfectly, and the carpet couldn't possibly match any better! Very awesome job. Can't wait to see the rest of the install!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Kazimir
    Kazimir Posts: 51
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nice install. Where did you get the carpet, about to do the same for my 08 accord.
  • alienagneda
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Kazimir wrote: »
    Nice install. Where did you get the carpet, about to do the same for my 08 accord.
    Carpet came from parts express.com
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Great job, please do keep pics coming!

As for suggestions - def get some grills for you subs. I have the same fg stelth enclosure set up and if you carry stuff in the trunk grills are a must have.

Did you power these amps up yet at all? Does Polk logo light up or is it only the "power" button that lights up blue?
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited October 2011
    Options
    very nice

clean
    mole'
  • alienagneda
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Vital wrote: »
    Great job, please do keep pics coming!

Did you power these amps up yet at all? Does Polk logo light up or is it only the "power" button that lights up blue?

sad to say i dunno yet. just figured out how i want to mount the amps and integrate a small pc style blower across each amp with ambient air feed since they are going stealth in what could become a little oven. should have the mdf cut and ready this weekend. Amp wire and headunit plus accessories on their way from CA now. Getting ever so close.