help w/left surround

Options
Airplay355
Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
edited December 2003 in Electronics
i have a marantz sr7200, i bought it refurbished from accessories4less. i think theres something wrong with the left surround connection on the back of the receiver, it doesnt work no matter what speaker i plug into it, using banna plugs or regular wire. than again sometimes it works, for a short period of time and then stops completely. the right surround works fine, and there isnt a way to turn off one surround so its not settings. the right surround works fine, and its not the speaker because ive switched that around. its undone the wiring and redone the wiring countless amounts of times. its still under warranty, but is there anything i can do to fix it instead of takin it in for service? cuz thats annoying. please help me. ne suggestions and u dont wanna post, my AIM name is Airplay355.
Post edited by Airplay355 on

Comments

• Airplay355
    edited September 2003
    Options
    geeze no1 knows whats might be goin on? 25 views and not one person can help me out?
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2003
    Options
    AP,
    In part no replies because if I read right, you've done all the troubleshooting, i.e., not the speaker, not the wire... so...

If opening the AVR's case does not void your warranty, you could peek inside for a loose connection at the sepaker terminal for the bad surround channel, but sometimes openinig the case is all that is required to void a warranty.

Call the manufacturer and check if you like, but I think I'd take it in and be done with it...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Airplay355
    edited September 2003
    Options
    well thanks for tryin to help lol, i wa just wonderin if there was something i didnt think of, i guess not. im takin the avr in this sat to get looked at, hopefully it will be a quick fix.
  • Tour2ma
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Good Luck, please post how it turns out...

"Peoples" Woofer???
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Airplay355
    edited September 2003
    Options
    peoples woofer?
  • Tour2ma
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Noticed in your sig "VolksWoofer"... Volks is "People's" in German... as in Volkswagen measn People's Car...

Just struck me funny..
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Airplay355
    edited September 2003
    Options
    thats really what its called....its pretty old, like maybe 20 years and its completely blown so im not usin it, but that used to be what the system was like lol. is M&K german? they are right?
  • Tour2ma
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Miller und Kreisel??? Yup, slightly German I'd say...

http://www.mksound.com/index2.html
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,092
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Hey!
    My forward and bottum driver all followed Hitler's influence! You know why? They both blew theirself away! Ha Ha! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, no offense to any ****'s on the board!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Airplay355
    edited December 2003
    Options
    well after about 2 months i finally got the call that my receiver was fixed. apparently there was a cracked circuit board, dont know where because it was only a message i was listening to. i would go pick it up except theres that huge snowstorm here right now. damn snow, looks like ill have to go another week with this **** aiwa. i cant wait to get it back and finally listen to a movie with surround sound....yes i have never listened to a movie with surround sound in my home. the aiwa barely has enough juice to power the mains, let alone my whole rig. the marantz on the other hand is fine with power. i was previously watching movies with with 1 surround channel, and it was very bad. im sooooo excited, i think ill celebrate by looking at electronics i cant afford. :D
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Well at least the end is in sight...

Cracked circuit board, huh? Does not exactly speak volumes for their QC program...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Airplay355
    edited December 2003
    Options
    yea, apparently it had a cracked circuit board...it wasnt from any abuse i put it through, i had never used the surround channels before and i never dropped it or anything. i bought it refurbished so i figured that it just came that way. it has a 1 year warranty so it wasnt THAT big of a deal. 2 months without a nice receiver is a big pain in the **** though.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2003
    Options
    yeah no doubt.. two months is a long time... i don't know what i'd do.. get a life probably.. ha ha ha

i bet you'll notice a huge difference once you get up hooked up again.

I wonder why it took so long to get it fixed? They must have been really backed up or something.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Airplay355
    edited December 2003
    Options
    they were very backed up, you are right. i can't wait to get it back, this is the last week with this aiwa crap lol. i've been waiting to get my receiver back so i can post some pics in the system showcase, i dont want to show off the crappy gear lol.