Amp for SR6500 and rear fill question

Options
terryw34
terryw34 Posts: 7
edited September 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
I'm having my system from my old car installed into a Kia Sorento. I have a Pioneer Z1- SR6500's with JL 4 Channel x 100w (forgot the model) and a JL13w7 with 1000/1 amp for the sub.

My question. Should I install some 6 1/2" 2 ways in the rear doors? for rear fill and if so should I run the SR and the 2 ways off the 1 amp. I have a JL 2 ch 150w for the rear set. I don't want to under power the componet's.

Last question what should I use for rear doors to go with the SR? Thanks for your help.

Terry
Post edited by terryw34 on

Comments

• terryw34
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I do have an EQ but don't know what TA is. Is there any reason I HAVE to put speakers back there? Also is running the SR off all channels of the amp the right way to go.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,551
    edited September 2011
    Options
    TA = Time alignment. Some headunits (HU) have it which it adds a delay so music from both the closer and farther away speakers arrive at the same time.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EBAN44
    EBAN44 Posts: 39
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Leave the rears out and run just the fronts bridged. That is what I am doing with my Polk MM6501s with a 4x100 amp. Making it around 2x300s They are loving the power and hit hard, I can't imaging how great the SRs would sound.

TA: I have my alpine d900 doing some with a .5ms on the FL and 1.6ms on the FR it really makes everything blend together and the sub doesn't sound like its in the trunk unless there is a really low note. Sub is a 12" momo with 600 watts.

Music is 2 channel so run 2 channels, you don't have rear fill at concerts.
  • terryw34
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yes I do have TA on my head unit.
  • terryw34
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sorry didn't see the other replies. That's what I thought the shops here saying I need it. Thanks again.
  • terryw34
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thank you agin for the info. I'm going to do just that. Learn.
  • terryw34
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It does have plenty of pre outs. This is how it is wired up now. My eq doesn't have TA. WHat device do I need. Also are there any good sites for learing about all of this. I have been reading through here but not finding "stickies" or not sure where to look.
  • terryw34
    edited September 2011
    Options
    EBAN44 you said
    Leave the rears out and run just the fronts bridged. That is what I am doing with my Polk MM6501s with a 4x100 amp. Making it around 2x300s They are loving the power and hit hard

I had it set up before where each channel ran a speaker in the componets using all 4 channel of the amp. Is that not the best way to run it?