best amp four momo setup?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited September 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
hi,
i'm from holland and my english suck's, ik can read but not type sorry :S

what are the best SQamp's for a momo setup?

my setup = mm465
mm124
amp's 1x rockford fosgate 125.2 (year1999,65watt rms x2)
1x rf 800@2 briged for sub (year2001)

im lokking for nieuw amp's

bad english im sorry :(

ciao,
gr coen
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2003
    Please stop apologizing for your English. It is perfectly acceptable to be from another country and not have English as your first language. It is better than people who are from a country that speaks English and can speak ONLY English and are still incapable of speaking English properly.

If you want an SQ amp, you are going to want amps with low THD ratings. The lower the better. Usually around .05% or less is what you will find for a good SQ amp. That will usually be your best indicator. That is the easiest advice to give at this point without know more about your setup or your plans.

As far as suggestions go, it would be helpful to get more information from you. What kind of head unit do you have? Also, what is your budget?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    edited September 2003
    hey thnx for helping :)

my hu is a kenwood kmd-ps971r (md recever) 4,5 volt lineout
    1 dietz cap 1 fu

en if got 2 rf amp's but i'm not pleased with the rf stuff :S

i want a tight bass, and a good SQ of te component system (mm465)

af few brand's i like: dls, zapco (but to$$$),brax,helix, genesis

but which brand do the most of your recommend tot power the front system en sub?

ciao
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited September 2003
    budget??
    in holland you pay 1950 euro's for a zapco c2k-2.5x thats 2260$
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2003
    If you are looking at Zapco, go with Zapco. They are solid performers and a good value for the money. They are a little expensive though so if they don't fit your budget then we'll have to look at something different. But I think I would go for the Zapco over the others you mentioned. I don't know much about them though so I can't really say much more than that.

If money is an issue though, I would go with a lower scale amp. Maybe something from Soundstream or Hifonics. They will have piles of power but they are clean and can be had fairly inexpensivly. Then again, there are companies in Europe that we don't get here in the US so there may even be cheaper alternatives for you there.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    edited September 2003
    john, brax and helix are friggin pimp.

they're both german if i'm not wrong... a very few of the nicest show cars run brax gear, and its commonly considered "creme de le creme" -- one step short of piecewise amps (separate power supplies and outputs).

i guess you could say its europe's zapco, diamond audio, and tru-tech. only shiner on the outside... and a whole lot more expensive for us here in the US. i would imagine that's why zapco is so much for him in holland... all said and done they're probably comparably priced were we living in those countries, or he living here.

the only thing i dont like about german gear is everytime u call mbquart with a problem the first thing u hear is "gutentag" and all you wanna say is "up yours" in reply... its like they're taunting you... lol.

however in the end, i'd agree... money is money, and I'd much rather run a soundstream than a zapco if i was paying retail price -- given a while to hunt online, buy something used, or get a great deal on last year's models or something like that, zapco would be a wonderful addition to any audio system. its just easier to find soundstream cheaper even though their retails are getting closer and closer.

also keep in mind that if you run any of the zapco c2k series amplifiers, you will (i'm like 90% sure) have to purchase a symbilink processor and symbilink cable -- which isn't a ton of money, but it is by no means cheap at all. they dont have RCA jack inputs.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited September 2003
    hey thnx pbd for the info over zapco rcs jack inputs i didnt know...

www.audiotec-fischer.de ,thats the site of brax and helix cool stuff

www.dls.se dls is swedish ,maybe the ultimate a3 and a6 serie amp's is somthing fore my system what do you think?

gr coen
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing