another hilarious eBay offer...

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited November 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I'm not sure what was funnier, those of you that saw the rollerblades for auction...or this "tricked" out ride!
Jstas, watch out, your Lightning hasn't got a chance against this civic. I mean damn, it runs 22s in the quarter!Sweetest ride ever...
there you go guys...but be careful...going to that website might make you really want to put up the 15K that this car is going for
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited September 2003
    By far one of the funniest damn ebay listings I've ever seen. A must read. BE SURE and look at some of the pictures. Namely the McLaren F1 Style pic. A definite "cost no object" upgrade. Also, check the Type R pic.

To think, the damn thing sold for 15 grand. I figure, 20 bucks for the car, and 14,980 in attempt to buy themselves a sense of humor.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,535
    edited September 2003
    That is by far the best 1 am reading I have EVER done in my life! Funny as el! The comments, HILARIOUS! The pics......PRICELESS! What a dumb@$$! lol!

Funny stuff! Great!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited September 2003
    He's not a dumbass, he's/they're completely aware of how silly the post is. That's the intent, to be obnoxiously stupid. A nice penny or two has been made off of that car..if the buyer pays up.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,535
    edited September 2003
    I doubt that will happen. Who would pay 15,000 for that car? But hey, I guess it could happen! :p Enjoyed reading it none the less!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2003
    A pile of bids have been retracted and cancelled so its down to 10,800. Did any of you watch the videos?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2003
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2432738433

Check out the fake blower intake on this one.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2003
    actually russman that's a reall nice car -- minus the stupid blower intake.

i hate imports but the amount of work -- and quality looking work at that, done to that car is amazing.

i'd be proud to own it - -minus the blower.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2003
    That's cool bro - I just see it as a shitload of money on cosmetics (that don't even offer a perf enhancement), that could have been spent under the hood.

That front end looks like the front of an old train - designed to push cows and other objects off the tracks. Looks like a bunch of added weight, and paint if you ask me - but what do I know.

If I paint my S10 dash yellow, will it go faster? ;) I find this one even funnier than the first - at least the first one is meant to be funny. If you dig it that's cool man, just agreeing to disagree thats all.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited September 2003
    it's actually pretty cool looking, the audio is bull shat though... audiobahn grilles on rf punches?? he shoulda just gone with the MoMo theme and done polk momo's for the speakers... if i got the car i'd rip out the audio (except for the pioneer) and upgrade with polk and decent sq amps...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited September 2003
    I checked out the videos...pretty good stuff...and i made a mistake...he ran the quarter in 20s...not 22s...talk about speed...
    a lot of time was spent on the 2nd car...but i agree with russ...all that money couldve been spent under the hood rather than on top...
    the front end looks dumber than the blower if you ask me...it needs some matte gray wheels rather than white...i think it would look better with that color
    hood looks like it came off a camaro...the little "v" it has in the middle
    -Cody
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited September 2003
    It ran in the 20's at 66 mph no less! Holy ****! I'm really blown away, I mean I don't even have the words to describe how truly badass that car is. I'm going to put in my bid now... LOL
    I will say that after looking at that, I'm thinking about putting dangling tweeters in my car now. I wonder if only a certain brand makes them... And that spoiler... makes the car look like it's just gonna fly away doesn't it. Brilliant craftsmanship on this fine automobile.
    "The Big C"
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    my favorite feature is the hood scoop that he has to give back to his buddy so he'll throw in the othe rhalf of the roof scoop for free.... hahaha

the dangling tweets are a novel idea -- i believe bazooka first came out with them... either bazooka or bose - i cant recall... prolly bose.

far as the 2nd car -- i like the front end -- the interior to me is a work of art -- i dont see the car as being made to go fast -- its just made to go maybe a little faster than stock, but look really nice, be durable, and last a long time (ie stainless steelbrake lines and exhaust).

kid prolly painted it all himself so that didn't cost him anything... money wise, he probably spent very little on the outside -- probably made his own front end too outa glass.

it cheaper to do body mods than engine mods long as u know your ****.

not that i'm saying hes a pro, but you get the idea.
  • CPHILHOWER
    CPHILHOWER Posts: 343
    edited September 2003
    I've got one for you. How about the time a Russian Sub was up for auction.

Chris

"NOS, I need NOS. My car topped out at 140 today"
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    ... what to do when ure car tops out at 140
    >

get rid of it and buy a rear wheel drive.
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited September 2003
    hehehe, good point ;D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • CPHILHOWER
    CPHILHOWER Posts: 343
    edited September 2003
    Topped out at 140? Do you realize that the car Topped out at about the same cubic inches of displacement. Toretto was a WIMP. Real racers use 4 stage NOS. Not 2.
    Chris
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited September 2003
    well my truck has 350 in^3...if my truck did 350 mph id cry...hell...if my truck wouldnt govern out at 100 id be happy
    -Cody
  • BeakerAZ
    BeakerAZ Posts: 7
    edited November 2003
    It looks like a clown threw up in the interior of the second car :)