Trigger Pulled PA D1000.1 and PA D2000.2 ordered

Options
alienagneda
alienagneda Posts: 28
edited October 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
from sonic $558.00 delivered for both. Can I say that here?
Tried to buy from Polk Direct but they are only providing retailers at this point.
Good pricing and in stock.

For my (2)SR124DVC and SR6500 no rear fill.
Thought about getting a 4 channel and bi-amping but I am a coward and will just use the spectacular crossover from the SR6500's. I know I could have still bi-amped but its more professional than I am capable. The tuning and all.
Post edited by alienagneda on

Comments

• arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The sr passive lets you biamp. Even Mr All Thumbs (me), could do that. Strongly recommended.
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited September 2011
    Options
    + 1 on bi-amping with passive SR crossovers. It's a LOT easier then you think it.. actually it's not even close to being difficult enough to write about it AND has enough advantages to it to keep on telling you to do it.

Also are you sure Sonix has then in stock already?? They are known for selling items they don't have, don't tell you anything and keep on waiting till they get it in stock or till you call and start bitching.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • alienagneda
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Vital wrote: »
    + 1 on bi-amping with passive SR crossovers. It's a LOT easier then you think it.. actually it's not even close to being difficult enough to write about it AND has enough advantages to it to keep on telling you to do it.

Also are you sure Sonix has then in stock already?? They are known for selling items they don't have, don't tell you anything and keep on waiting till they get it in stock or till you call and start bitching.

They are showing the 4 channel as out of stock. They show a product count when they get below 3 it looks like. I have not had any issue with them. Should see order shipped on my account page before the end of the day - if not then i will start to worry.
  • Vital
    edited September 2011
    Options
    bump!!

Did you get them yet? Or a tracking number at least?
    I just paid for Polk's new headphones a few minutes ago and have "itchy finger" to buy more stuff lol
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
  • arun1963
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I just paid for Polk's new headphones a few minutes ago and have "itchy finger" to buy more stuff lol

Yeah, sitting on a stash can do that:smile:
  • Vital
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ^^^ At least now i realize i need to get rid of stuff lol.

There's already 1 review of D4000.4 on Sonix. Not exactly "scientific" but will do as a first:
    Just received my amplifier today and i am just downright impressed by this amp. The size of the 4000.4 is just amazing considering how much power it produces. Hooked it up to some infinity 6x9's and pioneer 4x6's and thought i was going to blow them! The sound was crystal clear, got insanely loud, and sounded a ton better than my old Hifonics 4ch. Another great addition is the 0 gauge power and ground adapters. Great to give this power hungry amp the power it needs. Was skeptical at first because i never bought anything Polk but in the end NO REGRETS at all! If 50 watts rms is not enough for your speakers, upgrade to this amp just be sure you have quality speakers.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
  • Vital
    edited September 2011
    Options
    alien??
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
  • alienagneda
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sorry for the late response. Yes I have both the amps now. Just finished my fiberglass enclosures for the Polk subs. Next step is amp location. It may be 3 more weeks before I turn them on.
  • Vital
    edited October 2011
    Options
    oh, ok.
    Can you post pics of your enclosures? I said it a few times and will say it again - this forum has a lot of great in-deapth info but unfortunatly barely ever users post pics.

Anyways... i called Polk yesterday just to ask when these D amps will be available and according to the guy i spoke to not for another 2-3 weeks which makes me think "How the hell did Sonic get them??" LOL. I mean seriously, Polk doesn't have them for sale, Crutchfiled doesn't have them for sale, NOONE has them for sale but somehow Sonic does lol.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
  • arun1963
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I said it a few times and will say it again - this forum has a lot of great in-deapth info but unfortunatly barely ever users post pics.

That's cause other than Cody we all suck at diy. This forum is more about what you do after you're done with your install:cool:

You're the wiz kid with installs, so post some pics.
  • alienagneda
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I will post some pics this weekend. Fiberglass turned out great. Just got some stainless socket head screws to mount the subs with to complement the silver SR logo on my subs. Should look sweet. Now I have to find a place to mount the 2 PA D amps - rubs it in cause he has them. :cheesygrin:

When I spoke to Polk a couple of weeks ago they said the only ones who have the amps are Sonic etc. They got the initial shipment and will get the next one. Polk will be the last one to stock them. So I would suggest Sonic or your other favorite online distributor. Personally Sonic has been great for me.