system setup questions

Options
dischris
dischris Posts: 7
edited September 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi,

I need to rehook my stereo back in my new car. i have a set of sr5250 in the front and sr6500 in the back. i have a alpine headunit, kenwood 6042a eq running. i am not quite sure to be honest if i am hooking this up right. my amplifer is a 4 channel soundstream sa244. i take it i do need to use my rca plugs, i have 4 channel plugs, i need to plug those into both of the inputs on the amplifer, correct?? also if i remember correctly. i plugged the other end of the rca wires into my kenwood eq and ran another rca cable from the eq input i believe to the alpine head unit front rca input section? does this make sense?? do i need to run however the rca wires into the radio instead?? i dont think i had it run like that before. i had this setup in a previous car before and was able to fade from front to back but the last time i could not fade it using the eq fader for some reason, i would like to do so. anyhow can someone give me advice and make sure i am doing this correcty. i run the rca into the eq not radio inputs, correct?
Post edited by dischris on

Comments