Hanna *spoliers*

Options
MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited September 2011 in Music & Movies
Just finished watching this and Im not sure what to say about it.

For one, its NOTHING like the trailer makes it out. The trailer makes it out like she's an ultimate bad **** assassin that somebody mistakenly crossed and now theyre going to pay. Not exactly. In fact not really even close.

****SPOILERS****

Apparently her and her dad are living in the woods since she was a baby and he's been training her for to kill this chick.

The bad guy she's supposed to kill gets a double to stand in for her and so she kills her instead without knowing it wasnt the right one. Then she hooks up with this weird English family and its just a bunch of weirdness for a while with them.

The bad guy is a chick CIA agent and she recruits this **** guy that wears jogging suits and has a transsexual dancing at the night club he owns to help hunt her down since he's a badass. The chick looks like an elementary school principle.

There isnt a lot of Hanna being a bad **** really. Just her wandering around and other weird scenes. She finds out she's a test tube baby so she beats up her dad or at least the guy that raised her as his daughter, then runs away as he gets killed (which doesnt really seem to bother her). Then she ends up running away from this chick whos chasing her down a railroad track in high heels. Wait wha??? She's an ultimate bad **** but she's running away from some ho in heels? She ends up shooting her with an arrow somehow even though she has no bow (?) but gets shot and finally tracks down and shoots the bad guy chick.

And all of this trouble is because the dad was some super secret agent that ran off with a test subject from a lab....and the school principle shot her mom because....um Im really not sure why.

/SPOILERS

I dont know, its definitely different Im just not sure if its good. Id say its worth a watch but you might want to wait til it hits HBO or something. Dont think its worth $6 for the rental. Action is very little but its fairly good. The scenery is cool cause theyre in Europe. The story is impossible to follow and I still dont know what the whole thing was about.

So check it out for the "different'ness" but dont pay very much for it.

5.5 out of 10
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Based on your description, this flick either had a really bad storyline, or the editor was drunk off his ****!:confused:
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm thinking both!:eek::eek:
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I hate when the previews don't tell what movies are really like. They've done that alot over the past 5 years or so.

I thought the same as the OP about this movie from the trailers/previews. Wierd....that it isn't even close to the story plot.:mad: I'll probably buy the dvd someday though.

Are they trying to copy Kill Bill in a way??:rolleyes:
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • quadzilla
    quadzilla Posts: 1,543
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well, the point of trailers is to get people to go see the movie. So... yeah.
    Turntable: Empire 208
    Arm: Rega 300
    Cart: Shelter 501 III
    Phono Pre: Aural Thrills
    Digital: Pioneer DV-79ai
    Pre: Conrad Johnson ET3 SE
    Amp: Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000
    Cables: Cardas Neutral Reference
    Speakers: SDA 2.3TL, heavily modified
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2011
    Options
    While youre right that the point of a trailer is to get people to go see a movie but that doesnt mean we dont have a license to **** when the trailer makes a movie look like something it totally isnt.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm going to look at rotten tomatoes scale on this movie now....

Even the descrip from RT misleads me... I loved Law abiding citizen and feel this would be the same style...nope.

I don't know why it gets a 72% like I think it was. I guess the real story isn't bad enough like Happening was to make people try to type that they were ripped off for the movie fare.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hanna/

I have the National Geogrphic issue that looks like this poster. The Afghan girl issue.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • boomerfss
    boomerfss Posts: 125
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hmmm...I bought the blu ray and watched it last night. I thought it was pretty good. I had no pre-conceived notions about it. I thought the story line was good to pretty good. But I thought the film (audio/video) was very good.

The soundtrack (from the Chemical Brothers) was very good and sounded great with my HT set up.

The film was different then normal and I thought the director did a great job.

I would say it is not a typical North American type movie. Then again, the previous movie I watched was the Green Hornet and what a waste of 2 hours that was.
    Onkyo HTRC 180
    Polk Monitor 70 Series 2 Fronts
    Polk CSi A6 Center
    Polk PSW505 Sub Woofer
    Polk Monitor 60 Series 2 Surrounds.
    Harman Kardon HTSK18 Back Ceiling Mounted
    PS3 Xbox
  • bsoko2
    bsoko2 Posts: 1,449
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Kinda a cool movie with some unbelievable parts. Chemical Bros bass was fantastic.
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I agree that the soundtrack was pretty cool. Gave a cool, different atmosphere to the movie.

• EDUBAG
    EDUBAG Posts: 401
    edited September 2011
    Options
    brgman wrote: »
    I'm thinking both!:eek::eek:

I agree, it would make more sense if watched drunk. Storyline sucks, whole thing sucks! You were too generous with the rating.

Ed.
    HT:
    POLK AUDIO RTI4 FRONTS
    CSI3 CENTER
    DEF TECH PROMONITOR800 SURROUNDS
    PSW 125 SUB
    PIONEER ELITE AVR23TXH AVR
    APPLE TV 160GB
    PANASONIC BLURAY PLAYER
    50" PANASONIC PLASMA TCP50C2

2 CHANNEL:
    KEF R300 THREE WAY BOOKSHELF GLOSS PIANO BLACK
    ROTEL RC 990BX PRE
    ROTEL RB 990BX AMP
    OPPO DV980 (AS CD PLAYER)
    PIONEER PL100 TURNTABLE WITH SHURE MX97E CART
    MIT EXP2 SPEAKER CABLES
  • jbooker82
    jbooker82 Posts: 1,627
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I just watched it on Blu Ray. I though it was pretty good. Had it really nice sound track. I would deffinatly recomend it.
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I liked it but I went to an artsy fartsy theatre with the guys and didn't see the trailer. Very good cast especially Tom Hollander and I'm a huge Cate Blanchett fan. Eric Bana was pretty good, too. Saoirse Ronan, as Hanna, did a great job balancing innocence, naivety, and a single-minded ruthlessness. Drags in the middle. Plot is basically revenge + coming of age.

This is one of those flicks that folks will either love or hate.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I hate when the previews don't tell what movies are really like. They've done that alot over the past 5 years or so.

It's a fine line, because I have the exact opposite reaciton to most trailers - they give away most of the freakin' movie. I won't even watch them anymore, I just stick with word of mouth.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jon s
    jon s Posts: 905
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I thought it was just okay... it left some open ends, like what happened to that British family? I assume Kate Blanchette had them snuffed...
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    In keeping with the recent trends for necroposting...

Just watched this as it's currently running on HBO--Agree that it's a different kind of movie, but it totally worked for me and I'm a big fan. I'm sure some people feel differently! Teen actress (at the time) Saoirse Ronan has been nominated several times for Oscars since then, so she's got some talent. I thought her performance was impressive in this.

Soundtrack was so good that I ordered it this morning.

cd9zd1zcjmf2.gif
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Funny that this thread should get bumped today!

I was playing a few records earlier and saw the Hanna soundtrack on the shelf. Then I saw this thread, so I figured I'd give it a play since I hadn't listened to it yet since I purchased it. Pretty interesting, definitely not what you would expect from the Chemical Brothers.

y8kdkfhs7mdj.jpg

d7cwt9puh6bi.jpg
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    Nice. I picked up the black vinyl and it's flat, quiet and plenty dynamic. A good one for the collection!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0