LSi25s (cherry, crossover mods)

Options
2»

Comments

• JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Cody, you should convince the wallet otherwise! These are a perfect match for your center!
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • Daveyo
    Daveyo Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Still for sale? I emailed you.

Thanks Dave
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I didnt see an email anywhere, but yes they're available still.

For those who are unsure, my email is JimAckley at Ymail dot com. It's not a Gmail account.

Edit: I just found your email in my spam folder. Emailing you back now.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • Daveyo
    Daveyo Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Options
    JimAckley wrote: »
    I didnt see an email anywhere, but yes they're available still.

For those who are unsure, my email is JimAckley at Ymail dot com. It's not a Gmail account.

Edit: I just found your email in my spam folder. Emailing you back now.

Ok thanks
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Jim, are you running the TL2's right now? I'm curious how you're getting by w/ no LSi's.

Hah, heck no. I still have my LSi25s and PSW1000 jamming. They're not getting unhooked until I sell these, and I have some uber big-time gear going in their place. You'll like what I have planned, trust me :wink:

And for the transitional period, I still have my JBL E50s. They're not 703s, but they get the job done. They stomp on most bookshelves in the $500 MSRP range, which is where they resided when in production, so I'm content :smile:
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well they're still available so you may have the opportunity. I'm trying to track down some large cardboard boxes to keep shipping weight as low as I safely can to keep costs low for everyone
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• blueboxer
    blueboxer Posts: 621
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How far away from El Paso are you?
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We're on the other side of the state from El Paso, a solid 6 hour drive
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sorry I've been a recluse lately. I just went through my 1st round of tests for the semester, so I've been studying nonstop.

I looked into crates and they're easy and very doable insofar as a strong shipping container. I could possibly frankenstein a cardboard box together if desired, but the easiest strongest solution is going to be building crates.

If you're interested, let me know!
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    blueboxer wrote: »
    How far away from El Paso are you?

I'm about 644 mi from El Paso, or 10 hrs and 43 min, going the speed limit.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Bump
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    For those who are entertaining the idea, insured-shipping and packaging should total out somewhere between $200 and $250, depending on where you live. I have to ship them in separate packages via FedEx Ground, which has come out from $150-190 in the various quotes I've given over the past couple weeks.

Someone please get these suckers!
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    bump
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• plainoledave
    plainoledave Posts: 408
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How are these not sold yet? Is everyone living in a cardboard box in Dallas??
  • plainoledave
    plainoledave Posts: 408
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How are these not sold yet? Is everyone living in a cardboard box in Dallas??

I see i violated p.a. forum rules by replying when not intending to buy. My mistake. Please accept my apology. Smokin' deal here, didn't realize that pointing that out was a violation. I would buy in a heartbeat if it weren't for shipping. Once again, sorry.
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I see i violated p.a. forum rules by replying when not intending to buy. My mistake. Please accept my apology. Smokin' deal here, didn't realize that pointing that out was a violation. I would buy in a heartbeat if it weren't for shipping. Once again, sorry.

Lol... Everyone does it, don't worry. Where do you live? Maybe we can make something work. I wanna get these suckers sold!
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm going to break the rules as well! I still have a raw taste in my purchase from Jim of a LSiC. I tried to convince him to ride his moped up to NC for personal delievery and setup, and he wouldn't. Can you guys believe I had to bring it in, unpack it, hook and set it up myself?!?

All jokes aside, my JA modded LSiC sounds great, and I'm sure that anyone will be more then happy to deal with him, stand up guy here guys. BUY THEM!
  • JimAckley
    edited October 2011
    Options
    LOL Cody

Don't worry, I'm strapping the LSi25s to the crate on the back of my moped and personally delivering them. I want no disappointments from here on out! :biggrin:
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 34
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Very interested in these..

Ironically, very uninterested in the TSi300'S I just bought.. :sad: Discussing it over with the wallet, aka "wife", to see if I can't find a new home for these puppies.. BTW I live about 25 miles north of ya.
    Display: Optoma 1080p Projector
    Receiver: Looking for one..
    Front: (2) Polk Monitor 70's
    Center: Polk CS20
    Rear: (2) Polk TSi300's
    Surround: (2) Polk T15'S
    Sub: Polk PSW110
    BD/DVD: PS3
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Very interested in these..

Ironically, very uninterested in the TSi300'S I just bought.. :sad: Discussing it over with the wallet, aka "wife", to see if I can't find a new home for these puppies.. BTW I live about 25 miles north of ya.

Sad to say it, but your AVR is NOT capable of driving these speakers, and you dont have pre-outs on your AVR to add a dedicated amp. As such you would need to purchase a different AVR and either get one of the Pioneer Elite (SC-35 or 37) models that can drive LSi's decent, OR an AVR w/ pre-outs and a dedicated amp of some sort.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    edited October 2011
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Should run them OK. I have the 563 and it drove LSi7's and an LSiC. I did have to watch the volume, but you can still enjoy them off a lower-model receiver. You definitely won't get the most out of the LSi's with that receiver though. I wouldn't run them with a crossover any less than 80 hz or you might really strain the receiver. That's when issues will happen.

I stand corrected.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • JimAckley
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I ran 'em fine crossed at 100 Hz since I bought them in '07 on two lesser receivers. Once you got to really high volumes (-5dB and louder) there was potential for the receiver to shut off, but I found -20dB, give or take, to be sufficient at any given time. Talk it over with your Mrs. and let know. It'll be nice to not have to ship these.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• blueboxer
    blueboxer Posts: 621
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have a buddy out in El Paso right now, I will see if he is bored on a weekend and would consider a drive for them.
  • JimAckley
    edited October 2011
    Options
    PMed you back, blueboxer
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• gtu2004
    gtu2004 Posts: 620
    edited October 2011
    Options
    anywhere in NYC and these would be mine. great deal. GLWS.
    Onkyo 805, RtiA5s, Csi5, Rti6s
  • JimAckley
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Bump
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sold!!
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited October 2011
    Options