My weekend garage sale finds

2»

Comments

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2011
    Earlier someone stated that you unknowingly started a weekend search for Carver amps.

That won't happen with Pioneer speakers and Technics receivers.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited September 2011
    GC-

That's true that some of this stuff is not very hi-fi, but they make good cheap gifts for my nieces and nephews as well as my 12 yr old son and his friends. Hoping to provide something with phono inputs to the younger generation and show them something fun audio related not related to just an ipod (which has it's own place). If I can develope an any interest in a few of them then I feel it's time and money well spent.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,526
    edited September 2011
    Earlier someone stated that you unknowingly started a weekend search for Carver amps.

That won't happen with Pioneer speakers and Technics receivers.

Georg may be the wry-est man on the planet today (and I say that with admiration). :-)

As to the Technics receivers... for whatever reason, they do have their fanboys.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2011
    TNHNDYMAN wrote: »
    GC-

That's true that some of this stuff is not very hi-fi, but they make good cheap gifts for my nieces and nephews as well as my 12 yr old son and his friends. Hoping to provide something with phono inputs to the younger generation and show them something fun audio related not related to just an ipod (which has it's own place). If I can develope an any interest in a few of them then I feel it's time and money well spent.

Been through that stage with relatives, went through all the kids on the block. After awhile, you almost get as good a feeling from leaving the stuff on the shelf, as you do taking home the decent pieces.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,526
    edited September 2011
    ... such as the Sansui SP-200s I passed over for another scrounger to rescue at my favorite emporium yesterday.
  • vstarkwell
    vstarkwell Posts: 328
    edited September 2011
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Based on the date and tube complement, it sounds like your find may be a hybrid, with vacuum tube tuner and solid state power amplifier.

There's a guy at AK who is a connoisseur of Fisher consoles. Nose around there and you'll find threads on the topic, catalog scans, and photos. I know next to nothing about them myself.

Hopefully this will help with regards to your Fisher console

http://www.fisherconsoles.com/

Also here's a link to AK's "Fisher" forum and I think the guy that mhardy6647 mentioned goes by TheRed1. Congrats on your find.
    Monitor 7C's With Tubes
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited September 2011
    ^ Thanks for the links, I had found the fisherconsole one and I do appreciate the heads up on TheREd1. I'll have to get over there and try to glean some info.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.