$150k

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
What's Going on people i have hit the point of audio!!!!!! Im driving a Dodge Viper GTS R. the engion is very heavely modified (estimated around 800 to 900 hp). Now audio, and I just wanted to know if any one had any sugestions for me. I have a spending limit of $150,000 on it. Any Ideas would be great!!!!! Thanks Garrett
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2003
    A heavily modded Viper, 150 grand to spend on a car audio system...............

....and you can't spell 'engine'?

Dry that one out and you can fertilize the lawn.

NEXT!

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Systems
    edited September 2003
    What's Going on people i have hit the point of audio!!!!!! I'm driving a Dodge Viper GTS R, the engine is very heavily modified (estimated around 800 to 900 hp). Now audio, and I just wanted to know if any one had any suggestions for me. I have a spending limit of $150,000 on it. Any Ideas would be great!!!!! Thanks Garrett There is that better?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited September 2003
    I'll sell you a Krako cassette deck with some factory OEM paper woofers and a coat-hanger antenna. Cost = $150K. Paypal accepted.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2003
    is it even possible to put 150k in a viper? or any vehicle for that matter??????????????
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited September 2003
    tell ya what i'll give you the speaker from my phone will that work... lol like you realy have the viper GTS-R concept. unless you're dodge brass i'd doubt you'd be able go get your hands on that car bub. i think you've played too much "test drive" on your ps2 and have started to fantasize too much. if you made less than 700k/year this car&audio setup combo would be pretty much impossible to purchase.
    so good luck with that and enjoy your daydream. personally i won't believe it till you drive that car up to my door and let me see it

just to humor you i'd go with rainbow component sets, supposed to be the best run off or soundstream amps (the human reign series) you can find all of this at www.speedsound.com also i'd go with diamond audio TDX subs run off of either USamps 2000x or the TRU technology sledghammer www.trutechnology.com either way you'll probably need a second alternator so good luck fitting that into your "highly modified viper gts-r"
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2003
    well when iw as gettin my cat done, i saw a kid maybe no older than 27 / 28 roll into the dealer with an '02 viper tricked out to the limit (the dealer available limit) -- said he paid $107k or abouts that for it.

The Hennessey (spelling) Viper package that will flirt with 800 horse will run you about another 70 grand over list -- so that is about 150 grand.

i dunno -- i prefer to not let one's envy of a viper cloud their belief of whether or not another person has one.

believe it or not, you can get a viper that has been totally wrecked for about 20 grand... there were two late 90's models with very very low mileage on them that had been fked up bad and were in the low 20g's. figure if you know how to do body work, can get aftermarket panels, or just damn well spend day and night pulling out the ones that are shot, and then rebuild the motor all on your own.... its conceivable to do a "perfect" viper from the late 90's for as low as 30 grand with very low mileage.

... saw a 95 i belive with almost 100k miles on it for under - yes under - 20g's (19 something). i shudda bought it instead of my truck.

as far as what audio to put in a viper -- u cant fit much of any.

I'd have glass (sealed) pods made for me... do a 6.5" comp set in the kicks... another 6.5" set in the doors. SEAS component drivers. homemade crossovers @ 18 db / octave

nothing in back

alpine F1 status deck just because - if you own a viper - you need an F1 status.

I'd try my damndest to get two IDmax 10's in the back somehow... if not possible a single 12 would do. True tech hammer (not the sledge, just the hammer smaller one), and a true tech copper on the fronts.

6 Audiocontrol EQT's -- one for each line -- and a batt cap

batt cap and spare battery in the trunk.

300 amp Leece Neville alternator.

leather accents all over the inside -- i'm not too fond of the stock interior -- its nice but need shighlights.

electronically activated fogging glass -- u know the **** they ahve in conference rooms where its clear glass then you hit the switch and the electricity causes the gas inside the glass to fog.... well they make it in smoke grey as well. those would be pimp windows --- on the T-top too.

Stock exhaust -- GONE -- go with something from Borla that would exit out the sides instead of the back.

neon under the dash... just two 15" tubes.

neon under the driver seats --- one 15" tube of a crontrasting color under each.

neon wired to shock sensor... so that normally the one under the dash is on -- bass hits, one under seats goes on, under dash goes off... then goes back.

that wouldn't cost that much money though...

i mean its not cheap but its no where even near 30 thousand... prolly do it all for like 15 thousand.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2003
    Well, I'd like to help you out but there is the matter of my consultation fee. It's $145K which can be paid in small, unmarked bills.

Oh, and before you ask, it's worth it. Trust me! Would I lie to you?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    edited September 2003
    Oh, another thing, why spend 150K on a Viper when you could get yourself a use Lotus Esprit V8 for about 30-35K and lay waste to every Viper and quite a few Ferraris you see? On top of that, a Lotus Esprit is pure SEX ON WHEELS! Waaaaay cooler than a Viper and comes with a pretty kickass sound system already!

• PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    ... sex on wheels? *ears perk up* ...

what's a lotus look like -- i may have seen a pic of one before, but i dunno... i wanna see this sex on wheels thing :)

got a link?

also -- why 30/35 k ? is that just what they go for or is that used or what?
  • Jstas
    edited September 2003
    Well, I just checked and used prices are actually closer to 40K. But they only go for like 80-90K new and they are potent. The will do 0-60 in right around 4 seconds and cover a 1/4 mile in the low 11's. They will pull about .95-1 G on a skidpad. For half the price of a Ferrari, they will wipe the floor with any Ferrari short of an F40. Wicked cars. Wish I could afford one. You can pick up an Esprit S2 for about 20-25K and that is a 250-280 horse turbo 4 cylinder car. An Esprit S4 will be between 26 and 32K. These are used of course. An the S4 has a 300-350 horse turbo 4 cylinder.

He is a picture of an Esprit SE V8

v8-41b.jpg

If you want to see more, just goto google.com and searcg for images with Lotus Esprit V8. You'll get some nice pictures popping up.

• PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    i love that car -- it reminds me a lot of the back to the future car...lol... but in a good way.

.... i bet if i had a car that was sex on wheels i'd be getting mnore sex.... henceforth i'm hauking the truck, working 90 hours a week, and buyign one...

.... maybe someday.

i really do like it though.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited September 2003
    Screw the system, just buy a Gallardo.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    whats a gallardo ?

god i'm so out of the loop. :)
  • MTXMAN
    edited September 2003
    PBD the part that we find so unbelievable isn't that he has a realy nice viper, i know plenty of spoiled rich-**** whos mommy and daddy buy them whatever they want. that part that we doubt is that he has the Viper GTS-R which was the concept car introduced in 2000. the current models of viper available are the SRT-10 and the "Competition Coupe"(available only to professional and amature race car drivers with racing licenses). To date the GTS-R is still a concept, has never seen largescale procuction. if anyone could get this car they would have to be in the top tier of dodge hierarchy or be willing to put out at least 1.2 million (my general estimate of price based on similar situations) for this elite viper, the modifications he's talking about for an already high performance car would probably cost him in the vicinity of 100k+ and that's still giving the leway that he was somehow able to acquire this car... IMHO he's some dumb kid who saw the car on one of his PS2 games and let his fantasy life interfere with our real world forum. Personally i'd rather have a 60's muscle car with more power than a nuclear sub so when i hit the gas the front end raises over my head and everyone stops and stares :D:D that and you'd actually have the room for a sweet **** systemm too.
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    my buddy's father has a 62 or 63 olds 442.

its in decent shape right now, but he's got about 10 g's worth of restore parts and he's ripping the motor down to bare bones andbuilding back up with a Quadrajet from the 64's to top it all off.

according to him the torque when u slam it from a stand still is enough to send torsion throughout the entire body of the car.... from the history of that model... i believe him.

.. still want a late 60's charger though.

i wonder what it'll be like in 40 years when chargers and chevelle's are "antiques" and vipers and saleens are "old muscle cars" ... lol... i can see some dude takin a viper and putting like dual carbs on it, cuttin a hole in the hood with an air intake... that'd be messed up as hell.
  • MTXMAN
    edited September 2003
    oh yeah i almost forgot i need some system advice for my new interstellar spaceship. it'll do 0-lightspeed in 2seconds and can run the quarter mile before the green light finishes lighting up, only down side is that i'm in the next galaxy by the time the warp drive dies down... makes it hard to collect the trophy... oh yea and I need some advice on a system for my nuclear submarine too my spending limit on both is 520 trillion dollars. let me know what you think ;D
  • Jstas
    edited September 2003
    Yeah!? Well MY spaceship can go clear to Plaid Speed in less than 2 seconds and I'm not allowed to race because its too fast!

So
    NYAH!

BTW, plaid speed is an obscure Spaceballs reference for those who don't know.

• PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    i remember that from spaceballs...

i loved that movie.

"its mega-maid ... she's gone from suck ---- to blow!"
  • MTXMAN
    edited September 2003
    i love it when they watch spaceballs the movie ;D
  • MTXMAN
    edited September 2003
    does anyone else find it amusing that our friend garret had no comment to the fact that the GTS-R is an unavailable concept car??? hey Garret if you're still watching this...keep dreaming kid but don't get too caried away, enjoy your life the way it comes, it's the only way you'll ever be satisfied with it. learn to make the best of what comes your way and never look back...

just my 2cents on life ;D
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited September 2003
    lol...mtx man---aka-Dr. Phil
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    i actually enjoy dr. phil quite much -- however his wife is fugly... yes i said fugly.
  • paul mx3
    paul mx3 Posts: 22
    edited October 2003
    buy a full sony xplod second hand setup and spend the other 149999 on beer:D
  • MTXMAN
    edited October 2003
    hmm.... that's a pretty good idea actually... gotta get some jack too :D
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited October 2003
    well... personally i'd say vanilla stoli is better... but thats cool. -- molson ca is my beer of choice. sam adams is ncie but its too heavy to drink a lot of.

i'd do one better though -- stay with the stock radio and spend the extra dollar a bag of doritos to eat while drinking all that alcohol.
  • Systems
    edited October 2003
    i'd personally go with hiney and on those light days throw in a corona or two, just my $0.02. And Dr. Phil? It's all about Dr. Drew.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited October 2003
    dr. drew is more worried about my nut sack than anything else --- and that scares me.
  • Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited October 2003
    Man if I had the 150k I would have put down a nice down payment on a Pagini Zonda C-12. Check one of these things out here. http://www.paganizonda.com/ Or just download (I never said that) the comparison viedo between it and the Lambo Murceliago (sp). From the British tv show Top Gear. BTW all of you who have been patiently waiting for pics of my system (PBD) We are working on the rear speakers now. Unfortunally we can only work on them once a week (Tuesdays) bc of my installers schedual. However, the kicks and doors are in and this thing is slick. the buildouts in the dors look stock unless you know what to door is supposed to look like in the first place. I hope to have the whole thing done by teh end of the year. True the outside of teh car needs paint and a new front valance spoiler but after that is done i can concentrat on the engine and the interior. We will see what happens money wise.

p.s. if you want to make a donation please let me know.
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
  • MTXMAN
    edited October 2003
    I'd rather have a 70's RoadRunner Superbird, 440 V8 Hemi that you could make faster than that car for less money too ;D
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    theyre not going to make the lotus espirit anymore
    -Cody