Cheer and cheerful 24/192k DAC

Options
2»

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Outta curiosity whats something like this run you?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Roughly $60-70 per completed chassis not including the external transformer.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    edited February 2013
    Options
    FTGV wrote: »
    Roughly $60-70 per completed chassis not including the external transformer.

Interesting......with the external transformer and chassis whats the total bill?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • FTGV
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The transformer was a freebie but you would be looking at $20-25 ish from places like Digi Key and Mouser.A suitable transformer is also available from the Asian ebay vendors for these PC boards or kits.
  • FTGV
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Forgot to mention the all important opamp used in both is an LME49720.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,353
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Nice work Fred! Like them enclosures.

FTGV wrote: »
    Forgot to mention the all important opamp used in both is an LME49720.

Great op amp! Fairly sure that is the one Twisted Pear uses on their I/V boards; both the IVY III and the SE ballsie stage of the Legato 3.1.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • FTGV
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thanks gents ,and yes Rich same opamp aas IVY III and Leg also known as the LM4562.And yes I have compred the little AKM to the Buf III ,this little vid depicts the outcome nicely. :cheesygrin:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAIPKgQ5Kuo
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    . Like them enclosures.
    These guys apparently like'm too.http://www.belcantodesign.com/Belcanto_uLink.html
  • FTGV
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The finished product with RCA and BNC connectorss installed.For neatness sake I epoxied the pulse transformer directly to the body of the BNC con.
    p1.JPG 188.3K
    p2.JPG 319.7K
    p3.JPG 332.9K
    p4.JPG 276.2K
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,353
    edited March 2013
    Options
    That is a neat little package Fred. I like the pulse attachment.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • FTGV
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Thanks Rich,I wish I could wedge the Buf III into one of these cases.