Short Speaker Stands?

TomB
TomB Posts: 106
edited September 2011 in Basic Hookup/Wiring Questions
I hope I'm posting this question in the right forum - if not, please move it, and let me know the correct one.

I'm looking for some REALLY short speaker stands for my Monitor 7's. I've been using the 8-10" Plateaus that I got when I bought the speakers new back in 1982.

We've been moving some furniture around, and now they're a little too tall for our current setup. (WAF, but I'm afraid I have to agree...)

We used to have a set of stands for my wife's old Sansui speakers that just raised the speakers an inch or two off of the floor, and tilted them back at a bit of an angle. Is anything like that available? I did some checking online, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any ideas. Oh, and I'd prefer to buy, rather than build.

If I can find something, the Plateaus might end up as a karma item, if there's any interest.
Post edited by TomB on

Comments

• djperez81
    djperez81 Posts: 388
    edited August 2011
    Check racksandstands.com they might have what your looking for.
    Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.
    -Jimi Hendrix
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,077
    edited August 2011
    Not sure what your budget is, but check these out:
    http://www.lovanusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_9&products_id=71

The 6" version may work for you. They can be had much heaper if you search the net.

I recently purchased the 18" version and really like them. The spikes are adjustable and you could tilt them if need be. They look much better than the photo's suggest. Enjoy!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited August 2011
    Lovan(Sound Anchors Knockoff) and Sound Anchors are a bit pricey Conradicles, as a casual suggestion.

I'd check out the previous recommendation of www.racksandstands.com as they are bound to have a proper fit for you.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TomB
    edited August 2011
    Thanks, all.

I checked Racks and Stands - the only thing close to what I need is a 5 1/2" set from Wood Technology that was of rather poor quality, according to the reviews. (It also doesn't look like it has any tilt.)

The Lovan is probably a bit more stand than I need; they're all too tall, as well.

I may end up building something, after all. What's the correct angle?
  • Bobsama
    Bobsama Posts: 526
    edited August 2011
    Wood Tech lacks tilt. I have a set of like 6" stands from them and I spiked only the front to give them a bit of a tilt.
    polkaudio Monitor 5 Series II
    polkaudio SDA-1 (with the SL1000)
    TEAC AG-H300 MK III stereo receiver
    beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) headphones
    SENNHEISER HD-555 headphones
    Little Dot MK IV tube headphone amp
    Little Dot DAC_I balanced D/A converter
  • TomB
    edited August 2011
    Thanks, Bob.

Upon closer inspection, I may be able to cut down the Plateau stands to a suitable height. They also have the right tilt.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited August 2011
    I have some wood tech's center 18 inch black ash and some 16 inch bookshelfs sittin in my closet but the do look good with black rti
  • kolbywhite28
    kolbywhite28 Posts: 49
    edited September 2011
    I'm a fan of online stores and I think they have there several speaker stands there for you to choose from..you can try bestbuy, ebay, etc..