Vintage NAD electronics

Options
HTguru1982
HTguru1982 Posts: 1,066
edited August 2011 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
A couple of NAD items for sale. First is a 5355 cd player. It's in good cosmetic condition and works great. It had a loose belt when I bought it that I've since replaced.

Second is a 6240 tape deck. Playback and fast forward work fine but the rewind function doesn't. It also has some kind of tape residue on it. Why - I don't know. The guy I bought it from must have really liked tape. :confused:

No remotes.

I would like to keep these items but I'm trying to come up with extra funds to purchase some RDO194's. I've used up any good will I had with the misses after the last couple of purchases.

$40 plus shipping.

Thanks!
Display: Sony 42" LCD
Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
AVR: Sony STR-DA2400ES
Amps: Sonance Sonamp 260(fronts),
Kenwood KM-894(surrounds)
Fronts: NHT 2.5
Center: NHT VS-1.2A
Surrounds: NHT Super One
Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD

Comments

• pmtman
    pmtman Posts: 1
    Options
    Do you still have the NAD 5355 Cd player ? I would REALLY like to have it if you do. Please answer via my email.... pmtman@yahoo.com Thanks
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    7 year old thread?
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    And a user that hasn't been on since 2014...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I remember that guy...sold him some stuff. Hope he's alright...maybe the wife finally lost it...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Pffft...at this point.... I'll bid a Jackson.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    pmtman wrote: »
    Do you still have the NAD 5355 Cd player ? I would REALLY like to have it if you do. Please answer via my email.... pmtman@yahoo.com Thanks

Good luck with that.
    lightman1 wrote: »

How about $20.01?
  • mlistens03
    Options
    How do people find these threads anyway? I mean, what are the odds that a ancient for sale thread is going to show up when you search for something?
    Probably pretty good, huh? :tongue:

By the way, Russ, I found some change in my pocket. $21.78! :tongue:
  • lightman1
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    How do people find these threads anyway? I mean, what are the odds that a ancient for sale thread is going to show up when you search for something?

You killin me! $21.80 and a pack of Wrigleys Gum I found under my truck seat.
  • lightman1
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »

You moneybags you. :D

You gotta spend it before you kick out, Jimmy... B)
  • mlistens03
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »

You killin me! $21.80 and a pack of Wrigleys Gum I found under my truck seat.

I just realized, I have 3 pennies in place of the missing foot on my tuner! $21.81, a half eaten pack of Juicy Fruit gum, and a new pack of Extra mint gum! Take that!