Suggestion for new center

Options
Bigbang
Bigbang Posts: 233
edited August 2011 in Speakers
I just purchsed a new LSiC to replace my old cs175 to sit between my LSi7's for my home theatre. I have a HK 3600 AVR and fear that it might not be enough to power everything (LSi7's in the rear also). Any suggestions on a Stereo amp for the front LSi7's on the pre out or maybe a mono on the LSiC center?
I like to listen, tinker, listen and repeat.
Post edited by Bigbang on

Comments

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Maybe a sunfire 200wpc 5 ch as they sell for around $750 .They have great power and are very easy to get rid of on the used market . Check the gon twice a day to snag a good deal
  • nwohlford
    nwohlford Posts: 700
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If you want to keep the gfa-555, you could look at a gfa-5503 that would do your remaining three channels. I think there is one on eBay right now.
  • nwohlford
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nwohlford wrote: »
    If you want to keep the gfa-555, you could look at a gfa-5503 that would do your remaining three channels. I think there is one on eBay right now.

Okay. I guess that gfa-5503 is now listed here. (I swear no affliation.) What weird coincidence.
  • nwohlford
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Possibly an Adcom 2535? You can bridge two channels for the center and run the rears off the other 2 channels.

Since the LSiC is a 4ohm speaker, I would stay away from a bridged amp unless the specifications for the amp say it is stable for a 4ohm load when bridged.
  • Bigbang
    Bigbang Posts: 233
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sorry. I should have been more clear. The Adcom is powering my 2ch rig. It's a decent amp but it's a little too laid back for HT. I'd like to try something a little brighter with a little more clarity. I forgot the LSiC is 4ohm, thanks for the reminder. The Sunfire might fit the bill but I'd like something smaller to just power the two front and something with a smaller price tag...
    I like to listen, tinker, listen and repeat.