Anyone know the the bose system, for adding a seperate sub?

drclarksmtih
drclarksmtih Posts: 1
edited August 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
Just wanting to keep factory bose speakers and head unit installed, but add a better sub with separate amplification. I already have the power wire ran and have a hi/lo convertor for the RC's, but need to know which and what wires to tap into at the bose amp location, in order to get the proper signal to the new subwoofer? I am working with a 2004 Nissan Murano SL with bose stereo without the navigation system. Please Help!! I don't want to go and start nipping into the wrong wires.

Also, how difficult is it to tie into the existing rear AC output for my remote wire? any suggestions?

Thanks
Post edited by drclarksmtih on

Comments

• Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited July 2011
    Your best bet would be checking with Murano forums.
    I can def help you out if it's confirmed that your Murano and 08 Altima use the same bose set-up but again, i do not know that for sure.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • bradw011
    bradw011 Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    your best bet would to tie in with the wires that lead directly to the factory sub. If your looking to tie in the line-output converter in at the amp, just check the colors at the factory sub, find them at the amp, and then tie in with those. Technically, you could tie in with any pair of wires at the amp, assuming you know which colors go together, because the amp will have a lo-pass filter on it, but your best option will be to tie in with the sub wires.