Kim, can you help me?

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited November 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Kim, I bought a the mm6 component system from www.carstereotime.com a little over a year ago not knowing they were not authorized Polk dealers. Well one of the tweeters just stopped working. Everything checked out (crossover, connections, etc.) so I know it's the tweeter. Would it be possible to buy just 1 of these tweeters from Polk to replace this one? If you can't, I understand, but I thought it would be worth a try.
Thank you,
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    edited September 2003
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited November 2003
    $100 for a tweeter...****
    anyone want to donate some money?
    better yet...anyone want to donate a mm6 tweeter?
    -Cody
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited November 2003
    look on ebay, maybe u will have some luck
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    100 for a tweeter... what a friggin rip in the ****....lolol -- u can get an entire comoponent set "new in box" for 169.

cody - ebay brother.

buy a used one - who cares.... just long as it works for god sake.

i checked ebay - u'r ekinda SOL right now... but just wait a while, dont go blowin 100 bones on a friggin tweeter... hell you can even look for EXIII or DB or DX or DB Junior tweeters on there.... they'll all be pretty close and whatever u find will prolly cost you between 45 and 25 dollars depending on the age of the item (for the pair).
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited November 2003
    the sad part is that tweeter probably cost polk about 10-15 bucks to make :(
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited November 2003
    a local shop here sells just momo tweeters (pairs) i think
    im going to check with them on what their prices are
    i wish i had money...i have $0 in the audio account right now...lol
    *sighs*...lol
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    last i heard it was 199 retail for the momo tweeters (just the tweets).

keep lookin on ebay -- also remember that old DB tweeters or DX tweeters are probably almost identical... so you can probably just get a used set of those and make it work. -- and they're prolly cheap if u can come across them.

i'll keep snoopin for ya.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge