replaced mm465's with mm6's ??help

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited September 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
i had some polk momo 465's and my twetters seemed to be blown, well i had the cc warranty on them and they swaped them out for the mm6's,,,heck i ended up getting 2 pairs for the price i paid for the 465's... i have heard on the forum that they are identical to the mm465's except for cosmetics. well since i have hooked them up,

they highs sound hollow
do not have the bottom end/ mid range bass that the 465's seemed to have
i mean i am really not happy with them. the seem to hurt my ears.

iam going to check tommarrow to makes sure they are not hooked up out of phase, and just check my hook ups in general,,
could that be the problem.

the guys at cc said that the older model 465's were better and they all have them in there cars, but polk says diffrent so
help help

please tell me im not screwed
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    edited September 2003
    yes i did replace the old mm465 crossovers with the new one's

to me ear it sounds like a phase problem too, but i checked my wiring to/and from the cross overs and speakers last night
    found nothing

but i am going to keep checking

thanks kim,,, any recomendations please post them

jaron
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2003
    Can those crossovers be switched internally like the old dB crossovers could? If so, that would be a source of a pahse issues. Not necessarily out of pahse but, a crossover set to a -6 dB drop and another set for a +6 dB peak could cause enough of a variance to make it sound flat and tinny.

You might want to check the settings of the crossovers. Are you sure you didn't wire them out of phase at the source, i.e.: the amp or the head unit?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    edited September 2003
    thanks kim, i might call that number up,
    and for being quick in response times for great cust support

thanks jaron
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing