2000 GrandPrix SE 6x9 Help

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited September 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I own a 2000grandprix se anjust bought some 6x9's for them. im havin trouble takin out the old speakers.. theres a clip in the trunk underneath the rear panel thing an it can move a tiny bit but it cant come out because the whole pannel thing up top in the rear is connected to the cover over the speaker an i dont wann break nuthin so if anyone knows a guide or somethin can they please post in here. an i already looked in the owners manual
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited September 2003
    you have to pull out the rear seat(under the seat you'll find a little cord with a loop on the end probably one for each side which you'll need to pull on and lift to get the bottom part up. you'll have to pull decently hard on the cord. for the backrest you'll have to find or buy the right size socket (don't know the size but it's big) and undo all the screws and bolts holding it down then pull that out) now if you're new to car audio you've probably spent 20-30+ min doing all this. next you need to lift off the rear deck (the clothed piece that is sitting on the metal framework) it'll probably be held down by pushpins which if you don't have a pin popper use a screwdriver to gently work them out till you can get your fingers under them(they'll look like a plastic circle) once you have them out(pontiac might have used screws too but it's unlikely) you should be able to simply lift up and pull off the rear deck it may resist some cause of the fit but if you have too much resistance make sure that there's not something holding it down before you yank on it (don't want to break anything) then you switch out the speakers and put everything back in the same way you got it out. this is all if it's done the same way as the GTP which it sould be. if the seats fold down though you're in luck and don't need to remove them just fold them down and remove the rear deck. for a firsttimer it'll probably take you an hour at least

or you can go to circuit city and pay them 35 bucks to save yourself the trouble.
    if you live in fortwayne IN i'll do it this weekend for 25.

bty you're not by anychance a guy named josh from fort wayne are you cause i know a dude who has the same car and i wouldn't be surprised to find out that it's him asking this question...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2003
    no man hhee im from michigan, well i was alittle to egar to install them speakers so i ended up just taken them plastic covers off the reardeck an yes they had little pins with circles underneath them an toar holes where the carpet was holdin them down in so now its just sittin up there with nuthin holdem them down :< but yea it took me bout an hour or so figurin it out an installin them. but now there in an im happy an they sound great. thnx for the reply man just kinda bumbed i didnt check this sooner an those covers coulda been fitted down
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing