deck question

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited September 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
just came up on a new (well, for me) panasonic deck. i am going to be using the rca connections and was wandering what wires still needed to be connected from the old connection other then the power and ground wires. also, there is only one blue wire comming out from the deck that didn't have any sort of connection, so i am guessing that this is what goes to the amp to turn it on. if so, do I have to just weld two wires on that one blue wire for two amps?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BradimusMaximus
    BradimusMaximus Posts: 60
    edited September 2003
    the only other wires other than power and groudn that you should need besides the Remote turn on would be if you want to use a dimmer, or possibly your radio antenna. You could use your single Remote wire to turn on both amps and it shouldn't burn out the source in your deck. My remote turn on on my deck burned out just turning on one amp so I cheated and ran a primary wire to the power on my amp up to wal marts cheapest finest 12 volt switch and back into the remote turn on. Works perfectly jsut have to remember to turn the amp off or I have a 1.5 amp draw on the battery. I like panasonics, have fun with that.
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT
    Alpine SPX-137R
    Alpine SPR-69LP
    Panasonic CY-PA4003U
    Kenwood KAC-X520
    Polk SR124
    :D
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited September 2003
    most people won't have a problem running multible amps off of one remote wire. i'm not sure why yours had a problem brad. Dloc what you want to do is run a single remote wire to your trunk from the headunit and then split it there (it'll save you having 2 wires to worry about) it'll do the same thing just save on wire. Good luck and have fun :D:D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.