USPS procedures?

Options
TECHNOKID
TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
edited July 2011 in The Clubhouse
Lately, I have been waiting patiently for some goods shipment as Canada Post was on strike. However, I wonder what is USPS policy/procedure in such case. Does USPS go to multiple attempts or simply return the goods to the sender? Any thoughts? Look at the example below...
Detailed Results:

Attempted Delivery Abroad, June 22, 2011, 8:53 am, CANADA
Processed Through Sort Facility, June 20, 2011, 7:49 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Arrived at Sort Facility, June 20, 2011, 7:01 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Processed through Sort Facility, June 18, 2011, 2:34 am, JAMAICA, NY 11430
Processed through Sort Facility, June 16, 2011, 10:22 pm, BALTIMORE, MD 21233
Acceptance, June 16, 2011, 2:09 pm, JARRETTSVILLE, MD 21084
Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 16, 2011
I don't have any problem being patient in such circomstances however, I am just worried if shipments can be returned to sender? Yet, I have 4 shipments that were potentially sent via USPS meaning eventually hitting a wall with Canada post...

Cheers!
TK
DARE TO SOAR:
“Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
Post edited by TECHNOKID on

Comments

• TECHNOKID
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    How were the prices?, were they a lot more than before?

A buddy of mine tried to send a package that usually cost him $12 in the past and now his local post office said it would be $36 because of the strike.
    Lasareath, I did not send anything I purchased from 2 vendors and it did not affect my shipping cost since the 2 purchases were done prior to the strike. The vendors did notify by email that shipment was done but the strike started during goods travel so USPS hit a wall with Canada Post. My concern is USPS policy for such as if the goods are returned to sender; I would then have to pay for 2nd shipment as of course the vendor could not be blamed for this strike as they have done their part.

In fact, one of the shipment could potentially be the Hitmaster Banner and I sure wouldn't want this to cause Russ unwanted headache if this was sent SUPS.

The last one concerns me even more as I received a replacement screen from Epson and had monies tied on my credit card until the bad screen was shipped back. Unfortunately, Epson did not send the appropriate paperwork for the return (they sent FedEx US versus CDN FedEx) so after contacting them, they said they would mail me the appropriate documents but the strike more likely started while the new documents were in transit. Epson's rule is that if they do not receive the defective screen within 10 days (if I recall correctly) they then charge me on my credit card. It was agreed that there was an extension since I did not have the appropriate paperwork with this strike that might change everything. I guess tomorrow I am contacting Epson again and checking with my credit card provider.

The government has forced Canada Post back to work but it will more likely take a few more days before things pick-up and get back to normal with our mail/parcel deliveries.
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,876
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Your stuff is most likely sitting at the CP wharehouse/sorting area. Once USPS stuff reaches the boarder CP takes over. You'll get it soon enough. They are to resume delivery today.
  • TECHNOKID
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Your stuff is most likely sitting at the CP wharehouse/sorting area. Once USPS stuff reaches the boarder CP takes over. You'll get it soon enough. They are to resume delivery today.
    Yes, you are correct, I received a small package from Cormier Equipment and an envelope from Epson today. The date on the Epson envelope is June 7th. :eek: I tought it would take longer to get back into gear as they must be buried under the mail and parcels. We put some mail through today and the huge box was overflowing. They had a few days off there will be a price to pay for this. I wonder how long it will take for my military pension cheque to get home this time around. :frown:
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • ViperZ
    ViperZ Posts: 2,046
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I am waiting for 2 packages, and all I received today was a FLYER. Crap :(
    Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector for movies
    Carada 106" Precision Series (Classic Cinema White)
    Denon AVR-X3600H pre/pro
    Outlaw 770 7-channel amplifier
    B&W CDM1-SE fronts
    B&W CDM-CNT center
    B&W CDM1 rears on MoPADs
    JBL SP8CII in-ceiling height speakers
    Samsung DTB-H260F OTA HDTV tuner
    DUAL NHT SubTwo subwoofers
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player
    Belkin PF60 Power Center
    Harmony 1100 RF remote with RF extender
    Sony XBR-X950G 55" 4K HDR Smart TV + PS3 in the living room
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,876
    edited June 2011
    Options
    We got a bill in the mail when I checked it this morning.... TK can you not sign up for direct deposit?
  • TECHNOKID
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    We got a bill in the mail when I checked it this morning.... TK can you not sign up for direct deposit?
    I use to but I move to another bank and will not moce to direct deposit until I am sure the new bank meets my expectations. At this point, my military pension is overflow and is usually dumped on my credit card if every other bills are paid.

I just realized Epson had mailed my Fedex return label on June 7th and typically I had 7 days for the return otherwise they were charging the unreturned damaged screen to my credit card, to day's the 29th. :eek: I've called Fedex for a tomorrow's pick-up (at work) but I guess tomorrow I better call Epson and my bank/credit card provider. If any issues, I guess I'll should thank Canada Post (late delivery of the label) and Epson (for sending me the wrong label in the first place (US)).:rolleyes:

I am still waiting for a flywheel for the lawnmower, it's been stuck at USPS during the strike. I was hoping to receive it in a timely fashion in order to return the cheap lawnmower to Crappy Tire, I guess I'll have to return the crappy mower before I fix my old one. I'll be looking for clues on the best purchase once the crappy one is returned.
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • TECHNOKID
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Slowly receiving some of the goodies I've been waiting for for now close to a month. Amasing what damage a short strike can do, delays deliveries for months! :rolleyes: Still has not received my military pension cheque yet! :eek:

Still waiting for Russ goodies (Polk Hitmaster banner), I guess once receive will enjoy it even more... :frown:
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I hit a wall with trying to get Polk to get me a label. I just got back from CAF and I will just ship it myself in the next 48 hrs. I will say the 10 line address you gave me has me a little worried as to if it will fit on the customs form. Good news is I have a goodie from CAF I'll throw in the box too.
    Cheers
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TECHNOKID
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I will say the 10 line address you gave me has me a little worried as to if it will fit on the customs form.
    I get the message. :redface: I sent you the shorter version (lazy me, originally just copied the computer signature :redface:).
    DARE TO SOAR: