98 Camaro - 8.54 in the 1/4

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited September 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
http://www.agostino-racing.com/videos/ARE854167.wmv

Just a quick clip for the gearheads.

Anyone have an idea of what happened to the Mustang at the very end? Thrown Rod?

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• wlrandall
    wlrandall Posts: 440
    edited September 2003
    Not bad...no telling what the Stang grenaded, could've been a rod or the crank...nitrous does heinous things to pistons when (mis) used in gargantuan amounts. Looks like the Camaro took a hit too-look at all the grey smoke after he crossed the line.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2003
    It may have run a 8.54 but he lost. The win light was not in his lane. Didn't see the time on the Mustang but it was probably a tehth or two quicker.

As far as what happened to the Mustang. Don't know. He didn't seem to slow down any. It may have been a backfire but the puff of smoke was waaaaaaay too small to be a thrown rod or blown engine. Maybe popped a head gasket but it wasn't a thrown rod or anything.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2003
    After watching again, a backfire does seem pretty feasible.

I follow you, a thrown rod would involve a LOT more smoke (oil), right?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2003
    A thrown rod would have been a BIG KABOOM and alot of smoke, mostly gray and black but some white too. Maybe even a flash and defintly chunks of engine/transmission scattering on the track.

Gray/black smoke is burning oil (motor or gear oil), burning transmission fluid and engine parts.

Black smoke is partially burned fuel.

White smoke is water, also transmission fluid can burn white.

Bluish white is tires or other rubber, clutches and also motor oil.

Yellow smoke is exhaust catalysts in the catalytic converter burning. Its yellow because sulfer is burning and smells like rotten eggs.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited September 2003
    I would say a backfire is feasable. As for teh maro I think that he is cooking his tires trying to stop rather than letting his chute do the work for him. If this is the case the guy is an idiot.
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.