need help choosing speakers to audibly hear in 150+

TeamRamRod
TeamRamRod Posts: 5
edited June 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a 2001 chevy astro and I am doing 150+ at around 30hz and I ended up blowing all my interior speakers which is a good thing because I can now officially come back home to POLK! I just bought a PA660 so I was wondering what speakers you guys would choose to rock! I only want to run front stage.
I have room for 6.5" components in each door panel and I built a custom center console that can house up to 1 8" size speaker in each side depending on magnet depth and in the front of center console I was thinking 4x6's maybe! I just want it to be loud SCREAMING to keep up with the bass!
Post edited by TeamRamRod on

Comments

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,642
    edited June 2011
    You're going to want to post this in the automotive section... :wink:
  • TeamRamRod
    edited June 2011
    thanks man didnt scroll down far enough seen speakers and ran with it lol
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited June 2011
    TeamRamRod wrote: »
    I have a 2001 chevy astro and I am doing 150+ at around 30hz and I ended up blowing all my interior speakers which is a good thing because I can now officially come back home to POLK! I just bought a PA660 so I was wondering what speakers you guys would choose to rock! I only want to run front stage.
    I have room for 6.5" components in each door panel and I built a custom center console that can house up to 1 8" size speaker in each side depending on magnet depth and in the front of center console I was thinking 4x6's maybe! I just want it to be loud SCREAMING to keep up with the bass!

You want 2 8" subs up front, along with a pair of 4x6 and a pair of components? My first reaction is 'ouch'. I don't think anyone here listens to music that way.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,348
    edited June 2011
    I have a 2001 chevy astro and I am doing 150+ at around 30hz and I ended up blowing all my interior speakers...

You got some balls doing 150+ in an Astrovan! I don't know too many cars that can go that fast!:tongue::biggrin::wink:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • TeamRamRod
    edited June 2011
    ya lol its a HEMI! lol but I need speakers to keep up with my bass just wanting to give you guys all info of what I can fit where! I dont need midbass as it wouldnt make any sense so I just need LOUD!
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited June 2011
    ya lol its a HEMI! lol but I need speakers to keep up with my bass just wanting to give you guys all info of what I can fit where! I dont need midbass as it wouldnt make any sense so I just need LOUD!

Loud is good for a while and seems like a great idea when you're young, but your ears might regret you pushed to such high db levels in the future.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited June 2011
    Loud is good for a while and seems like a great idea when you're young, but your ears might regret you pushed to such high db levels in the future.

Replace MIGHT with WILL & that's a good post~
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2011
    Late April fools joke?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • TeamRamRod
    edited June 2011
    looking for ideas guys not criticism :rolleyes:
  • EBAN44
    EBAN44 Posts: 39
    edited June 2011
    Why not just get some heavy duty tweeters or even a couple horns? its not like you would feel the mid bass hits anyways...
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2011
    Dude, you're asking what 4x6's will keep up with 150dB...

Nothing is going to keep up. Get some horns and a s@#t ton of midrange speakers and throw them on a few amps. It doesn't matter what brand you get...what matters is how many.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Timothy Smith
    Timothy Smith Posts: 764
    edited June 2011
    Friend, If you really are going 150 mph in an Astro Van, you should probably be paying attention to driving rather that dickin' with the sound system.
    Norh ACA-2B tube pre, Sumo Andromeda SS amp. Magneplanar MMG speakers, M&K MX1250 Subwoofer, Pro-Ject RM1.3 Genie TT with Sumiko Pearl MM cart., Keces DAC, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player