need honda install know how

MoT0R_He4D
MoT0R_He4D Posts: 15
edited September 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
ok here it is i have a 98 honda accord sedan .. im about to start my install and i have been searching high and low on the net for details on pulling my door panels (which i have already confirmed will have to be done to install my new polk 6 1/2's in the front doors) needless to say its been unfruitful and quite iritating to find no helpful data anywhere ....oh and btw MTX i will be using your sub/amp install info that you left on another persons thread to guide me through my own ;)...anyways if anyone has any experience with pulling the front door panels on a 98 accord your help would be greatly appreciated thnx..

Teh MoT0R
Not all who wander are lost ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
Post edited by MoT0R_He4D on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited September 2003
    if you order your 6 1/2s through www.crutchfield.com theyll send you the paperwork that goes with your individual car if you enter your car information with your order
    good information too...step by step where every screw, clip, and clamp is...but i have no personal experience with your car so i cant help you
    but their prices are reasonable
    -Cody
  • MoT0R_He4D
    edited September 2003
    kewl kewl ..... but as it happens i have already bought the 6 1/2 polks for the doors :( hmmmmm what to do ! well im outside at the moment trying to figure out where exactly to start on getting the door panels off , still a lil nervous bout yanking on them with out knowing exactly what is holding it in place ... maybe ill start with the 6x9's in the back first and then the amp/sub till someone can maybe inlighten me on the right path to getting them off .......thnx for the tip on cructhfields thou :)

Teh MoT0R
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited September 2003
    well the only tips i can give you is look for screws in the arm rest, and if you think a panel could possibly connected even though you dont think it is, take it off, panels are expensive, better safe than sorry, and when you get it off youll know for next time
    also if you have manual windows, there is a metal u-clip behind the lever(for lack of a better word...the window roller upper thingy...lol)and b/t the panel
    if you have an old ice pick you dont need, great, take some pliers and curl the tip of the ice pick and use that to take it out, if not needle nose pliers should work if theyre skinny enough...id do it with the door closed though...sometimes the clip gets away from you and generally its easier to find in the vehicle than outside the vehicle
    also, around any door handles, there is usually a seperate panel "lining" the door handle...mine has tabs that you push down with a screwdriver/knife/something flat and pull it out
    my doors also have panel clips that are like male/female ends, and when you take them out they make this horrilbe popping sound like 10 times before it comes out...thats the threads popping out of the clip...not the panel
    if you have power windows/locks, then where all the buttons are, are usually on a seperate panel, and dont pull any wires too tight or you might break one
    happy panel pulling
    -Cody
  • MoT0R_He4D
    edited September 2003
    Much thnx cody,

luckly enough my new neighbor knew a wee bit about them and helped me out so im the new owner of INSTALLED (lol)
    polk 6 1/2's behind the doors .... the polk 6x9's went in with out a hitch (other then my thoughts about the stock OE speaker wire being a bit whimpy looking for 300 watt rated polks lol )other then that everything is sounding nice clean and good at the higher volumes where my dial tends to call home heh....... tomorrow i begin the amp/sub install wish me good luck.

Teh MoT0R