Amp advise please

Options
officer dave
officer dave Posts: 20
edited June 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hello all hope you can help I have a 2005 Yamaha RSTD with a wide open plastics Fairing. Running a JVC KD R720 head deck and 4 Polk Audio MM 521 Speakers. Looking for a good amp I have been told either the Arc Audio 125.2 or the Bazooka CSA-4 XA MC. Can anyone please point a low experianced person in the proper direction. Thanks alot all. I am looking for loud CLEAN sound and I have very little knowledge in this field.
Post edited by officer dave on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The Arc will be a quality, well built amp free of noise. The Bazooka.....well not so much.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • jay27
    jay27 Posts: 105
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There's actually a link between the Bazooka and Arc amps from what I understand. If you google it, you'll read where Bazooka is a Robert Zeff/Nikola Engineering product, which is the same as Arc.

Cerwin Vega, Clarion, Elf, and probably quite a few others use the same amplifier design as Arc as well.

If you do some research, you'll notice that the prices vary widely, but the amps appear identical inside.