online companies...possibly dumbest people alive?

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited September 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
yes, yes its true...the majority of the people who work for online companies are the dumbest people alive
after many years of dealing with people and making thousands upon thousands of observations...my conclusion is online companies hire the stupidest people alive just to annoy their customers
examples:
1. my fight with thezeb, although i previously thought it had come to an end, thezeb has come back and yielded its ugly beast head
i have gotten my money back for the 2nd amp
but as of thursday, they still have not credited me with the first amp...i first asked for my money back for this amp around 4 weeks ago...it still has not made it to the bank
2. onlinecarstereo...send them a money order on the 16th for a tuner and antenna for xm radio
call them up like on the 25...
*actual conversation*
ocs: oo sir im sorry we are out of the antennas you have ordered
me: so why i wasnt i notified of this when you got my money order like 5 days ago?
ocs: (ignoring question)can we interest you in another antenna
me: how about this pioneer antenna (insert model number here)
ocs: sorry sir we no longer carry pioneer antennas
me: ok well can i just get my money back for the antenna only?
ocs: sure can
me: ok lets do that

recieved package today
no receipt
no paperwork at all from onlinecarstereo
no check for the $60 they owe me

3. carmedia1.com: mailed order in on the 16th
have got not a damn thing
called them 3 times...never answered
emailed them
cm1: oo weve been on vacation...sorry...normal operation will begin on wednesday(Today)
they didnt answer the phone today either

so in conclusion, online workers are the dumbest people alive
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2003
    they probably work out of their basement / trailer / yugo / old van down by the river / or mother's attic with a minimal budget, a 486sx 33 mhz - 2 mb ram - 250mb hard drive - trident video card (oooh upgrade) computer and a cell phone that they've not paid the bill on.

at least -- if i was gonna run a business online -- that's how i'd do it.

hell i've even got a pentium I 90 mhz board laying right here in my lap. dunno what i'm gonna do with it -- though about building a dos machine... then i realized its got no ram on it... and 32pin SDram is like about as hard to come by as a golden horshoe up my arse.

my conclusion is you should drive to the places these businesses home office is, knock on their mother's door, and tell them that little johnny is stealing your money and u are there to lay the hammer down.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • seachange44
    seachange44 Posts: 39
    edited September 2003
    I had a 486sx 25mhz:D

We really assume a risk when we shop online most of the time, I will admit that many of the smaller dealers are not exactly versed on customer service or any information whatsoever about the product they're selling. Personally I've had a lot more problems with the decisions I've made regarding purchases than with the people selling them to me. Brand recognition doesn't really mean anything anymore; whether you're talking about the online company or the manufacturer. It's kind of impossible to say that Sony is great, or Ebay is great-everyone has had their own experiences with each company some bad and some good. I think we all agree that the prices on the net are much better than retail and therefore we don't have much of a choice whether to shop online or not.

You're not alone, however. I spend many of my waking hours trying to figure out how to avoid stupid people. Not that I'm so intelligent, but I know what I'm doing most of the time. Most of what makes people seem so vacant on the other end of the line is the fact that they just don't care. There is a vast ocean of indifference in the American job market. Not everyone is in a job that they find intellectually stimulating. It's been my experience that the easier and more repetitive a job is, answering phones all day for example, the more you begin to hate it, and that carries over to the customers these people have to serve.

That's my sociological point of view-sorry for the length.:cool:
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited September 2003
    ok the deal with carmedia1.com is over...for the first time in a week and a half I was able to reach them on the phone and my order was shipping the 2nd and they say it takes about 1 business week to recieve
    i was even nice to the guy on the phone and everything
    and it even sounded like he was from this country
    so as soon as the bank account is checked to see if thezeb credited the card...i think my online ordeals are over
    i need to order the 2 550S's, which as much as i hate to, i think im going to order them from thezeb, b/c theyre cheaper than anyone i can find by about $30 an amp....so that saves me $60
    and i ordered an antenna from them which is spoed to be here on the 9th which i have had no problems with...its just their returns department that is so worthless
    then im ordering the 201S and the momo 4x6s...and im pretty sure ill be happy...and out of money...when i get my money back from everywhere and after i order the 550's ill still owe the savings account $70
    -Cody