Is My Bar in Sync with My TV?

Neil S.
Neil S. Posts: 2
I bought a SurroundBar3000 this week. Next I downloaded the manual from Polkaudio site. I followed the hookup instructions but I'm not sure the bar is functioning right. When I press up or down sound control on my TV remote a green indicator light on the bar blinks. Is this a good sign? Also, when sound is coming from the TV I put my ear to the bar and hear nothing from it. Is this a bad sign? If I have to start from scratch again, fine. I'm willing.
Post edited by Neil S. on

Comments

• drselect
    drselect Posts: 664
    edited May 2011
    I believe the green indicator light should blink when you use the remote and then stay on if working correctly. If the green light is blinking slowly even when not using the remote then it may be muted. A couple of questions to hopefully help you better. How do you have the soundbar connected to your tv (analog, optical cable.)? Does your tv have the option to turn off the internal speakers?
    And Welcome to Club Polk
  • Neil S.
    Neil S. Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    Sorry to be so late getting back with you. To answer your questions: I used the optical cable that came with the sound bar; and yes, the television has a menu option to turn off speakers. I forgot to mention that I have an LG DVD player/recorder hooked up to my television. I happened to notice on the back of the player a slot for a optical audio cable. I plugged the Polk cable in that then made sure the speakers on the television and the player were turned off. Lo and behold, I got sound from the sound bar. The player's remote will control the sound level. I would have preferred the television's remote to control the bar but I'll settle for what I can get, unless there is some way to allow bypass the player. If not, that's all right. Thanks for your response.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited May 2011
    Don't know about your bar, but mine is always in tune to the TV. When ever a game is on it spits out a beer pronto.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • I have set up my new Polk Signa 2 to my tv, but the tv and sound on the sound bar are not in sync. The sound bar is just a second or two behind the tv. What can I do?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    cjbarnhill wrote: »
    I have set up my new Polk Signa 2 to my tv, but the tv and sound on the sound bar are not in sync. The sound bar is just a second or two behind the tv. What can I do?

Put in front of the TV 😂
  • I think your soundbar setting is not ok read this article