Helpin' my buddy out

JoshParsons84
JoshParsons84 Posts: 565
edited May 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi Polkies I'm back, havent been on for a long while. I recently sold my buddy my DB 5.25" for his neon and he installed to them to his sucky-**** Sony XPlod deck. He hates the deck but can't afford better right this min. He had a nice **** HTC Desire to trade for the Polks so I couldn't pass that up :) Anyways...as far as sound tuning possibilities on the XPlod all he has is HPF (80,100,120,140,160) LPF (80,100,120,140,160 Rev and Norm) Low,Mid,Hi Loudness and Preset EQs. He's saving up as much as can to get him a nice deck and some amps. He's a total newbie but knows beyond a reasonable doubt he loves those Polks. I think the next thing he's gettin is the db 6x9s. I'm tryin to help him tune his components the best I can and kinda need a starting point. His deck can go to 50 and I told him that he wants his filters at 80hz, loudness off, and negative his low,mid,hi. He's got the tweet on the xover at -3. What can y'all suggest from here?
Post edited by JoshParsons84 on

Comments

• Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited May 2011
    Paragraphs would really help you get some feedback......
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • JoshParsons84
    JoshParsons84 Posts: 565
    edited May 2011
    Don't be an ****....sorry so long. He just needs a lil help on gettin started. I've got a pretty good basis goin for him I just needed to know myself that my tweaks weren't too too off.
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited May 2011
    hey Josh,

Mot much that you can tune with that deck. You have the right ideas though. If the max volume goes up to 50 the distortion levels are going to rise dramatically after about 20-22. A basic 2 ch amp would help. I would not run the 6x9 on hu power, seems like a waste of time. I'd rather spend that $ on a used amp and sealing the doors.