Saaaale! Polk LSis, RT5, JBL E50, receivers

Options
13»

Comments

• JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bump! I'll drop the 25s to $675 for the next week.
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited August 2011
    Options
    JimAckley wrote: »
    Bump! I'll drop the 25s to $675 for the next week.

Jesus this price is a GREAT DEAL for someone in Texas.

Hell its tempting me (only slightly though) and I am in friggin Indiana and would have to ship em (which would probably kill em lol......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You are killing me man! You letting them go at that price? Lets down some beers, on me.. while listening to them before they go to whomever picks them up!

Halen
  • JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I know it's crazy, but I've just gotta get 'em moved in effort to fund my new projects. I'm just really hoping someone jumps on my sale price so I get get on with my new build. I'm booked Thurs-Sun, but hit me up whenever you wanna kick back and listen to them. I'm always down for brews and tunes. Always.

Weeeelll the RF 10" is gone, and the HK is sale-pending, leaving the LSi25s, JBLs, and PSW1000 up for grabs. I can understand the lack of interest in my JBLs, and frankly that's okay, since they're my only good speakers left in my arsenal that "fit" on my desk.

Hopefully one of you clowns will buy my 25s. I might even consider building a shipping crate for them, so someone non-local can have them.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I know it's crazy, but I've just gotta get 'em moved in effort to fund my new projects. I'm just really hoping someone jumps on my sale price so I get get on with my new build. I'm booked Thurs-Sun, but hit me up whenever you wanna kick back and listen to them. I'm always down for brews and tunes. Always.

Weeeelll the RF 10" is gone, and the HK is sale-pending, leaving the LSi25s, JBLs, and PSW1000 up for grabs. I can understand the lack of interest in my JBLs, and frankly that's okay, since they're my only good speakers left in my arsenal that "fit" on my desk.

Hopefully one of you clowns will buy my 25s. I might even consider building a shipping crate for them, so someone non-local can have them.

Yeah they are nice in that they are already modded, but not sure if I like the 25's as much as the 15's since the 25's have a built in amp....

Too damn many tempting pieces of candy for sale right now
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There's a guy in town who's got a pair of LSi15s, an LSiC, and an Energy sub for $700 on CL. I almost bought it just for kicks.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I need to stay away from CL. Impulse buying too much lately. Now, I want your 25's as well as that CL ad! I cant spend my yearly limit for home audio just yet, waiting for the LSIM's....

You are a stones throw away. Lets make a day of tunes, brews, and the golf ranges!

Halen
  • JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Read your text messages Halen :smile:
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah they are nice in that they are already modded, but not sure if I like the 25's as much as the 15's since the 25's have a built in amp....

Too damn many tempting pieces of candy for sale right now

I will say that they are preferable over 15s in instances where an external amp isn't available/affordable. Instead of having to drive that woofer with an external amp, the integrated amps take all of that strain, leaving 100Hz and up for your receiver, which is easily drivable without an external amplifier. It also helps the load on your receiver if RCAs are used for the 10s instead of the speaker ins. My Kenwood would go into protection at really high volumes before I started using RCAs. Now it never does unless I try to drive the upper section uncrossed, which is pointless anyway.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• EndersShadow
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I will say that they are preferable over 15s in instances where an external amp isn't available/affordable. Instead of having to drive that woofer with an external amp, the integrated amps take all of that strain, leaving 100Hz and up for your receiver, which is easily drivable without an external amplifier.

I agree 100%, its just the obvious that normally where you place your L/R isnt the best for subs, so you still want an external one anyway. And some would argue that any LSi speaker really needs a dedicated amp anyway and it should just be assumed into the cost of buying them (some AVRs exceptions of course)

I really hope these sell as I know you really want to get into some LSiM's :smile:
  • JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I might get some 703s. It all depends on how these towers I'm constructing go. If they're that good, I'll do DIY everywhere.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Someone, anyone, own a killer, easily-driven 2.1 setup for just $1000! The modded LSi25s matched up with the PSW1000 are a sick combo. Let me make you a lucky person!
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• BeefJerky
    BeefJerky Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Tell ya what...for that combo with the sub, I'll throw in an additional two cases of beer, for a total of three. You aren't going to find a better deal than that! :biggrin:
  • JimAckley
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Well since nobody's biting, I'm putting the 25s back to $800 and will just wait patiently.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -