6.5", non component

codyc1ark
codyc1ark Posts: 2,532
edited May 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
Sooo... I'm trying to do a little sprucing up on the Ol' ladys car here over the next week or so. Did brakes on it last night, even though she had no faith on my ability. Next in line is window tinting, which I have scheduled for next weekend. I'd like to order some speakers for her, but I'm not going do drop a lot for them. There are A LOT of offerings in this size, and I'm a bit overwhelmed. There are many offerings at the $50/60 range, and then it looks like Polk has the db651s for a bump up to $100.00. She doesn't care that much about SQ, and really if I was going to spend 100/150 I'd like to do all four. I am going to dynamat the doors when I have them apart, if not for the sound, to cut down on road noise, and may yank the front seats out to do the floors. What do we think about the offerings from Kenwood, Sony and Pioneer in this range? This is all going into her 07' Vibe.
Post edited by codyc1ark on

Comments

• KaosTsoc
    KaosTsoc Posts: 372
    edited May 2011
    The db651's are good speakers, and sound really good. I have four of them installed into my truck, and they sound really good. I have had pioneers before, and they also sounded good, but lacked in the highs, and had more lower end bump. Can not speak for the kenwoods, b/c I have not owned any so, I can't help out there sorry. The best thing to do is go out, and listent to them, and make your choice from there. You can got to best buy, or frys, or any other electronics store. So, hope that helps you, and Im sure other people will chime in.....

Thanks.
    2006 Prerunner Access Cab
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12
    Kinetik HC2000 battery and Sleeve
    200 Amp Mean Green High Output Alternator

Need a DJ, photobooth, or both for rent?

http://photoboothdallas.org
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2011
    At the minimum, do the Polk's up front, and leave the rear alone just for fill. She (and you) will never be listening in the back seat anywho.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2011
    if she doesn't care about sound quality then I wouldn't waste the money. The DB's are very good entry level speakers and worth $100 easily but if she couldn't care less, its kind of a waste. Besides any speaker in the $50 range is not gonna be much better than the factory speakers, maybe even worse.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D