surround speaker hookup

Options
chefsdm
chefsdm Posts: 17
edited September 2003 in Basic Hookup/Wiring Questions
Are there any options for wireless surround speaker hookup? I am not sure if any wireless band could give good sound but I figured I would ask the forum. I just moved to a new house and have discovered the surround wiring would be close to impossible (tile floor on slab, 2 story cathedral ceiling, windows blocking possible wire runs, limited access, etc). Any advice would be great!

rt800i
cs400i
fx500
sony 555es
sony kv40xbr800
Post edited by chefsdm on

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,655
    edited September 2003
    Options
    From what I understand, wireless has a ways to go before it's ready for HT. I assume you have sheetrock walls? Try pulling off a chunk of baseboard and see if you can run your wires under them. If the sheetrock is close to the floor, you may need to cut along the bottom to make a "channel" for the wires to run. Good luck!
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Baseboards may be your best option, but don't overlook going outside. Nothing wrong with pulling speaker leads through conduit and into the attic.

This can get you around that pesky cathedral tieing into the outside wall(s). You can ususally get to top of the inside walls.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD