6x9 subs?

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited September 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
My brother-in-law has sub box in his trunk that has 4 Polk 6x9 subs in (forgive me if my terminology is incorrect) isobaric banpass configuration. If that doesn't make sense, there are two sets of two 6x9s firing at eachother in a sealed enclosure and then on the back sides of the subs the box is ported. I say isobaric because the subs fire at eachother in a sealed box, however the box in total has sealed and ported chambers.

Anyways, does anyone know what I'm talking about? Do these subs still exist? Where could I get some?

I have a 98 BMW 540 and I want a very small box that I can mount to the underside of the rear deck. The box my brother-in-law has would work great (even better if it only had 2 6x9s)

If these don't exist, does anyone have any suggestions?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2003
    Options
    its called a "C4" and yes its a polk -- but its a dinosaur.

I would suggest if you want something that small.... two of the new polk momo 8" subs... they're like 200 watts rms and if you give them 200+ each you probably will get a good amount of slam (provided you have a hole cut in your rear deck with a grille over it so as to allow the sound to travel into the cabin)... and while it wont be earth shaking it'll give you some much needed help

i've got two 8" subs off about 180 watts in my grandfather's 76 cadillac... cut a hole in the rear deck, put a grille over it, and put the two subs in the trunk in seaaled box under the deck, much like what u want to do... it's not bumpin the block, but it sounds good enough that i drive to california and back with it and not complain... i come from a truck with two 1500 watt subs so i'd say if it keeps me happy, it'll keep you happy.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited September 2003
    Options
    i wish i had anything that bumped in my truck right now...the 6 1/2s with the bass boost isnt cutting it...
    -Cody