Basic Truck/ Basic system question.

Options
dudley
dudley Posts: 2
edited May 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys. I'm a newcomer to the car-audio world. I don't have very much experience with car stereos/ speakers, so I was going to see if I could call of some of your collective expertise. I appreciate any and all responses.
I own a 2002 Chevy Silverado, single cab. It still has the stock stereo and speakers, both of which are inadequate and I want to replace them.
2/4 speakers crackle when I've isolated them, one rear and one door, so I figure I might as well replace both of them.
My main question is this: Should I try to find the exact speaker that fits under the trim behind my head for the rear speakers or go will it be easier to go with one of these boxes and set it behind the seat?
I want you to keep in mind that I'm not really big on low end "Bass music" at all... I don't desire to have my truck thumping. I don't really enjoy that type of music. But I may not be able to find a replacement (aside from the ones that come from GM) that go under that trim. I'm not planning on running an amplifier and want to run all four speakers off the deck. Any suggestions on which brand I should go with?
Post edited by dudley on

Comments

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To be honest, I'd just disconnect the rear speakers and replace the doors with some upgraded coax or components. If you care to you could also replace your stereo with something better (which I would recommend).

As far as brands go, you should go out and check different brands.
  • dudley
    dudley Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thank you so much for this info, amulford. I think I'll do that and save myself about $150 or so in the process. I was thinking of going with a $150 Pioneer head units, most all of them come with a USB out and headphone jack for my phone, but yes, that's my thinking too. Thanks!