Yuppers

TrappedUnder Ice
TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
edited September 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
WEll..I have not been on here much...been working/vacation and installing in the Tahoe. Tahoe went pretty good.. All except for the HU and the Pac Os-1 onstar adapter.

IN the close to ending install...either my Pac fried or the alpine fried...either way- had to install a new Pac adapter and the Alpine unit was sent in for repair!

Meantime...I went local to CC and just picke up an Alpine 9807 ... Works great! Except the XM tuner. It worked..then I lost Audio!. after re-setting the unit...the sound came back... then after a bit...I lose the sound again! I got the extended warranty (passed 30days) and believe its going back

meantime- my 7893 came back..new rebuilt unit- may just install that! May upgrade the 9807 to the 9813.. not sure yet. All well but the XM section...wich I really wanted on vacation..and well..did not have :(

oh well.. not much else going on.. hasta la vista...
Post edited by TrappedUnder Ice on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited August 2003
    Did you get rid of the Olds then?

Does anybody ever give you **** about "hooking up a family car"? I hear about it concerning my girlfriend's car all the time. She has a Taurus with some really nice high dollar stuff in it. Glad I didn't pay high dollar for it though! Most of the BS comes from kids driving Civics and Accords though so the source has to be considered.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited August 2003
    i think they're just jelous cause her tarus has a better sound system than their civic ;D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2003
    ... i also get the impression that they' dbe jealous because john prolly tweaked the taurus to smoke the civic or accord in the quarter mile.

a taurus -- with teefers (thats teeth).

it goes "raaaaarrrrrrr".

i am so friggin messed up tonight........
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited August 2003
    No, it does that stock.

I suppose there is some work that could be done to it. It's a narrow angle V6 with pushrods. I'll bet I could get it to scream if I could find a decent cam and lots of head work! It only puts out 130 horses but something like 200 pound feet of torque and that is where the difference is. Not to mention that a mid-sized 4 door Taurus tips the scales at ~3500-3600 pounds and that's only about 200-300 more than a new Honda Civic.

I suppose a supercharger or a turbo charge would help alot more than all that engine work. Or, I could find a junked SHO and gank the motor and trans. But that would be next to impossible to find.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited August 2003
    Naw...I still have the olds...thats my car.... Tahoe is the wifes! I see a lot of older folk driving olds...hey wait..I am older folk :)

If ya new me like vinnie...ya would know...I dont care what other folks think... I know my system in the (granny) car is better then most in the "young punk" vehicles :)

ahhhh..who really cares.. my car does what I want...gets up and goes on the hwy, gets 30mpg on hwy, and is comfortable!

Wife did tell me I could have a tahoe..but would have to have job in town...since Tahoes have nill to none in gas milage :(
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2003
    tell the wife... "i get the truck, or you hit the bricks".

that'll solve all your problems.

:)
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited September 2003
    Lmao...I dont feel like sleeping outside with the Doggs vinnie!:rolleyes:
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    ... might be better than sleeping inside with the grizzly bear!

i fear few things in life... in order of least to greatest...

1- time deadlines
    2- schedules (see above time dealines).
    3- the scale
    4- running out of money
    5- really cold weather
    6- really hot weather
    7- my blue thunder 754 catching fire someday (all attempts to aid cooling short of fanning it have proved futile).
    8- going completely deaf
    9- never graduating

but above all... i fear...

10- women.

last week i get, "um - my car isn't as loud as it was before ... why doesn't it give me like a back massage (the bass)?"

i'm like, "because its only 230 watts to each sub and they're in your trunk behind a bit of sheet metal and the seat and what not... and you told me i couldn't cut a vent hole in the back deck."

she's like, "but i want it louder."

i'm like, "get a new amp, which would require either another battery or a new alternator, as you're already at that 70-75-ish amps of audio draw on an 75-80 amp alternator"

she's like, "no i just want it louder now"

i'm like, "uhh... *sigh* ..."

... i wander around to the trunk and have now dialed the gain on the Thunder 302 up to about 75+ % and the bass boost up to 75% as well (0.75 * 18 ~ 13 db boost)

It's got to be clipping, the deck has 4 volt outputs - same alpine i have. but it doesn't sound like it... sounds perfectly fine. not a bit of "****" in the subs at all... they stay perfectly smooth in motion. sounds linear to me... just much louder.

if it burns up, i'm not paying for a new one. i dont think i ever met or even talked to anyone who broke a 150.2 / 302 / 8302.

then again this is the same woman who crashed a Sun Microsystems Linux machine... I had thought that was nearly impossible.

She didn't even do anything - just started typing in Netscape and it **** the bed.

... and so i fear women.
  • MoT0R_He4D
    MoT0R_He4D Posts: 15
    edited September 2003
    naw the SHO wouldnt be easy to find , thou my cuz picked up one for a franklin and is doin that exact thing to his taurus lol .......lil more work then i would want to put into a taurus imo but to each their own ill just twink on my H~Badge :D
    Not all who wander are lost ~ J.R.R. Tolkien