subwoofer???

Options
ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,502
edited August 2003 in Speakers
anyone know anything about this item?

looking for a passive sub to use just for movies. I have an amplifier to drive a passive sub, but i never heard of this item. does anyone have any insight on this? an help would be appreciated. thanx
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited August 2003
    Options
    check out the SVS passive subs

or you might have to build one yourself...
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2003
    Options
    most subs ar not passave that you can buy buy them selves. you may find a few in highend audio shops or you can buld a sub your self. if you can use a aw and cut a circle you can buld a sub your self.

how much power do your amp have and what is the power rated at?

i recomend a av12 in a sealed sonotube

or you can check out svs.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2003
    Options
    its an onkyo m-501 power amp. 150x2 was going to hook up to the pre out to my surround processor (only used for movies) and then connect the passive sub to the onkyo (would need something that can handle 2 channel input i suppose.)

I'll outline my system in case it gives anyone insight

Denon PRA-1000 preamp
    Carver Surround Processor (to the preamp tape loop for movie use only)
    Rotel RB 976 in bridged mode (150W each to mains and the center)
    Integra ADM 2.1 accesory amplifier powers the surround channels
    Onkyo DVS 535 DVD player

Polk RTA-12B for mains
    2 RT55's wired in a series for the center
    Bose 501 series V for surrounds (dont laugh :D , they make great surround speakers.)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites