new sanus stands

Options
eaadams
eaadams Posts: 213
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Does anyone have any pics of the 55 on sanus stands from the front?

All I can find are pictures of the sanus stands at odd angles.

Also what happened to the sanus stands that had a vertical section that looked like .... / \
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• eaadams
    edited November 2001
    Options
    they are called basic foundations! And seems polk nolonger has them for the RT 55 line just 35 and below. However I saw: http://www.sanus.com/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi?page=Product/Product_Framed.html&cart_id=6843097_15908

where they have the 16" stand.

What do ya'll think Basic, Designer, or Natural. What is best to mount our polks on?
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Pretty much any Sanus Stand is good. They are well built and solid, really stable.

I personally like the "vee-shaped" ones, the ones with the \ / pillars (looking down from above). I feel like the separation and air between them enhances the performance of my speakers.

The new stands are good, as well, tho. We have them here and use them in the demo rooms and you'll see them in photos in our new full line catalog (if Jenny ever freakin finishes it).

The selection of stuff we have in the Polk store will undergo a shift after the new year probably. We will update and rearrange to carry more of the stuff you want, and more updated models.

Sanus is good. Whoops, gotta zip; maintenance crew is here and I have to shut my office door or they talk to me all the time like I'm their friend or something. Damn.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited November 2001
    Options
    How about asking them to make a stand for the FX series???
  • eaadams
    edited November 2001
    Options
    The selection of stuff we have in the Polk store will undergo a shift after the new year probably. We will update and rearrange to carry more of the stuff you want, and more updated models.

oh no here we go again!

What is polk up to? What new models now. You are gona disapoint all the people who buy for christmass?!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Micah Cohen
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Yo, mellow out.

I hate the stupid store software. I hate the way it looks and acts. I need to go in there and make it easier for you to find stuff, easier for you to check out and easier for us to administrate it. In doing so, I'm also going to make certain that we have the most updated products from Sanus, Jensen, Omnimount, AVIA etc. I'm not going to piss you off, I hope to make you happier.

Nothing you buy now will suddenly drop in price or be replaced with something brighter and shinier later. I shouldn't have opened my fat mouth.

RE: Stands for F/X speakers... That's a tough one because of the flexibility of placement afforded by that product. I imagine that the stands could look like their normal stands, but be far taller. I think it's easier to just wall-mount 'em. The guys in the woodshop here have made some tall stands for one of our demo rooms, which I guess is another thing you could do (make your own). Email the folks at Sanus and see what they say.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• eaadams
    edited November 2001
    Options
    um sorry I'm in midterms and am on a short fuse
    I shouldn't have opened my fat mouth.

no let us know what you can that is what makes the micah's comments so cool!

So you just wana redesign. Thats cool, looking forward to it. (As I am the system showcase!)

In the redesign I'd like to see lots of combo pics of all the stands mounted on all the different speakers. I realize that would be a ton of work but would be helpfull. I like the way sanus does it on their site.

Mabie, just mabie, the guys in the wood shop might like to post their plans to a polk DIY section? That sounds kinda cool.
  • Micah Cohen
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Mabie, just mabie, the guys in the wood shop might like to post their plans
    I'll ask. They may not have "plans." They are real "seat of their pants" type guys.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• mikemokr
    mikemokr Posts: 150
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Greetings all. Question: Which Sanus stands would be appropriate for Monitor 7s? No current Polk model really approximates the 7's dimensions, i.e. 24" height with the woofer right near the bottom.

These are the front speakers in a soon-to-be-built HT system in a room 18' wide x 26' deep, with the main listening position (the couch) about 2/3 of the way back, in case any of that matters.

I see the Sanus "Natural Foundations" come as small as 18" while the "Basic Foundations" go down to 16". Not sure if 2" makes that much of a difference but would appreciate expert advice. thanks in advance ...

Mike
    Main HT (family room): Polk Monitor 7 (1987-original owner) (L/R) / CSi40 (C) / RTi38 (SL/SR) / SVS 20-39PC (sub), Outlaw 975 pre/pro / Outlaw 7075 amp, Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray, LG 42LM5800 teevee
    2ch (family room): CRS+ (1987), Outlaw 1050 AVR, Denon DCM-420 CD
    Kitchen satellite 2ch: Polk M3II, Topping TP-20 Tripath amp fed from 975 rec line out
    Home office: Model 5 (1978-Danish Peerless), Lepai 2020A+ Tripath amp fed by laptop dock
    Awaiting assignment: PSW202 (NIB) to be wired inline in home office rig; Monitor 5JR (1988), Model 4 (1983-US Peerless)