JVC FS-1000 Ultra Compact Component CD System

Options
mak99
mak99 Posts: 362
edited April 2011 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Original owner, selling only due to spring cleaning/consolidation of way too much AV gear! :redface:

More pix can be seen online @ Picasa by clicking here. There?s also a video showing the unit in operation.

Asking $70 + shipping, Paypal adds 3% for their pesky fee (unless GIFT option). Also note that this will also be listed on Ebay next week, but would prefer to give first consideration to a fellow Polk forum member. PM me any reasonable offer as I have no idea what these even sell for these days...

100_0815.JPG

100_0817.JPG

100_0822.JPG

100_0827.JPG

100_0825.JPG

Details:
I am the original owner, bought maybe twelve or thirteen years ago (Dec '96 mfr. date) from the "original" OnSale.com when they first arrived online. IIRC this unit was one of the first "Executive Micro Systems" that became very popular, and I paid maybe close to $250-$300 for this. I used this both as an office system at work, and also in the bedroom at home. I even had a small subwoofer (not included) connected for many years to fill out the low end. Always used in a no-smoke, no-pets environment, and plugged into Panamax surge protectors.

All in all, this is a great little system for a bedroom or office or even out in the garage while you are building that massive new subwoofer enclosure? :wink:

All functions seem to work fine, but it did have an issue about a year ago where the motorized CD lid needed a ?helping hand? to open fully. However, it is operating fine now, so no idea if this system fixed itself or what. But I wanted to clarify that this has been the only issue I?ve experienced since the purchase. I've only used this for listening to the tuner and store-bought CDs. I just tried a burned disc but it would not play, so I have to assume that this will not play any home-brew discs. YMMV.

I found the following specs from a similar listing on Head HiFi website, and these look to be accurate:

CD:
*1 - bit D/A converter
*8-times oversampling digital filter
*20-track program/random/repeat CD play

TUNER:
*Digital synthesizer tuner
*30 station memory
*Auto station presetting

CLOCK:
*Clock/timer with "snooze" control
*Clock display illumination while power is off

AMPLIFIER:
*13 watts per channel
*Subwoofer Output
*Optical digital output
* LINE out
*AUX input
*Electronic Bass/Treble Controls

SPEAKER SYSTEM:
*Bass Reflex
*Removable grilles

MISC:
*Full-function remote control

DIMENSIONS:
*Center Unit: 9.3 lbs, 5 9/16W x 6 3/8H x 10 3/16D
*Speakers: 3.1 lbs each, 4 3/4W x 6 1/4H x 7 3/8D

Overall this system is in very good condition, so will rate it 8/10 on the Audiogon scale due to the age and for any small imperfections that a really critical eye might find. The speakers aren?t made with a high end veneer by any means, but does have a nice birds-eye/marble-like pattern in a dary grey finish. Speaker connections are spring clips on both the speakers and main unit. Connections on the main unit also include RCA jacks for subwoofer out, Aux In, Line Out; Toslink optical digital out; AM/FM antennas spring clips.

The speaker grilles are also in great condition - 7/10 on the Audiogon scale only due to a small spot where the fabric is missing on the left speaker. You can barely see it in the close up picture since the grille itself is also black but wanted to point this out.

Original factory remote control included (with batteries), along with the owner?s manual, speaker wiring, power cord and antenna. I cannot find the original shipping box, one of the few I didn?t keep. However, this will be securely packed for safe arrival - I?ve been shipping delicate electronics worldwide for many years with nary a hiccup (knocks on wood). I prefer to ship FedEx Ground w/ full insurance and signature required...

I have sold a few items here on PA Forums successfully, but have yet to receive +FB from the Buyers (even though I left them +FB, though now it seems like the whole FB system is DOA). I do have 100% FB on Ebay (go.vols!), AVS Forums (mak99), Audiogon, etc.

PM/post with any questions ? thanks!
Main HT:JVC DLA-RS45135" Elite Screens fixed frame, 1.1 gainMarantz SR7007 (operating as pre-pro)Emotiva XPA-1 x3 (L+C+R), UPA-7 (surrounds)Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83Toshiba HD-XA2Panamax M5410 Pro x3Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X-LS, 65-RTSeaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" + custom Dayton SA1000 sub amp (orig. AV123 MFW-15)Velodyne SMS-1I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruoutHarmony EliteSalamander Triple 40 C/B* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
Post edited by mak99 on

Comments

• mak99
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Bump/price drop - $60 + shipping...
    Main HT:JVC DLA-RS45135" Elite Screens fixed frame, 1.1 gainMarantz SR7007 (operating as pre-pro)Emotiva XPA-1 x3 (L+C+R), UPA-7 (surrounds)Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83Toshiba HD-XA2Panamax M5410 Pro x3Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X-LS, 65-RTSeaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" + custom Dayton SA1000 sub amp (orig. AV123 MFW-15)Velodyne SMS-1I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruoutHarmony EliteSalamander Triple 40 C/B* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Do these have the wood drivers?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,137
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The drivers look to have visible leads on the woofers from what I can see through the grills. Wood venture no. Most of that line up has that dark/reddish looking wood veneer too
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mak99
    edited April 2011
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Do these have the wood drivers?
    Nope - these speakers do not the wood drivers. I think those units came out a generation or two later?
  • mak99
    edited April 2011
    Options
    SOLD
    (via another website listing)

Thanks for the interest!