first timer here, need some simple questions answered please

jonnyBoy101
jonnyBoy101 Posts: 8
edited May 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
1. I'm planing on rewireing my whole car, i want to knew what wires to get or what is recommend to for polk speakers?

2. I was thinking of getting a bass control knob and i wanted to knew which one to use, which is the best to use. i have a Carbon series C300.2

please help,
Post edited by jonnyBoy101 on

Comments

• fishbones
    fishbones Posts: 947
    edited April 2011
    If you put this in the car section, you'll should get some assistance.
    ..... ><////(*>
  • jonnyBoy101
    edited April 2011
    I thought it was
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,532
    edited April 2011
    Either it wasn't and a mod moved it, or you did it right the first time!
    WELCOME TO CLUB POLK, please ignore the grumpy old men in the corners. I'll let someone else with more experience in the car audio world answer your questions, but just wanted to extend the welcome. Stick around awhile, there are some great people to learn from here, good luck!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2011
    www.knukonceptz.com/. Best place to get all you wire.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited April 2011
    1. I'm planing on rewireing my whole car, i want to knew what wires to get or what is recommend to for polk speakers?

2. I was thinking of getting a bass control knob and i wanted to knew which one to use, which is the best to use. i have a Carbon series C300.2

please help,

So you have C300.2
    what else? what other speakers? amps? which sub if any?

Typically 4 gauge power wire and 16 gauge speaker wire is what will work for most applications/installs but it helps to know exactly what you're working with.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • fishbones
    fishbones Posts: 947
    edited April 2011
    I believe the mods moved it for ya, cause I swear it was under basic hookup/wiring in home audio before (though I could be wrong *shrugs*).

Welcome to CP!
    ..... ><////(*>
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2011
    fishbones wrote: »
    I believe the mods moved it for ya, cause I swear it was under basic hookup/wiring in home audio before (though I could be wrong *shrugs*).

Welcome to CP!

nope. You're just crazy
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • jonnyBoy101
    edited April 2011
    No I think he is right, lol I think a mod moved it haha,

So what I have in the car is dxi 400 in the front and two kenwoods in the back, the sub is a 12" alphine type E, later after I get more money ima change the ones in the back for Polk, but for now there staying kenwoods lol and an alphine head unit
  • tater6061
    tater6061 Posts: 14
    edited May 2011
    I have been in this stuff for a long time. I can say that Rockford Fosgate wire is good, Memphis is FULL size Oxygen free copper, Cadence wire is good too. Budget builds are hard to do, but you get what you pay for in the end. I was in the air about 4 gauge or 0 gauge a couple of years ago, and my installer said" if you go 4 gauge and upgrade later, you will be buying wire twice. Go big or go to the scrapyard!!" I have also used Welding leads as power wire.