Thoughts on my Upgrade?

travis5018
travis5018 Posts: 9
edited April 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
So I recently decided to upgrade the speakers in my 02 Saturn l200

I ordered some MM5251 (Great deal off the Polk ebay store)
Got a KnuKonceptz 8 gauge kit to run the system, with 60a fuses and 2 y rca splitters

So I have an old C400.4 amp laying around so I planned on hooking that up and Bi-Amping the speakers and using the Pre-EQ button the amplifier comes with.

I guess my question is, is there anything I could do to get better SQL out of my system, or is this the best route to go?

Thanks for the input!
Post edited by travis5018 on

Comments

• Real_PhillBert
    Real_PhillBert Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    I just put those same speakers in my 02 Focus and thus far I really like them. I am powering them with an Alpine MRX-F30 and it sounds really clean. Let us know how your system turns out, Id also be interested in any way to improve SQ.
    PhillBert
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited April 2011
    Just to throw it out there MM speakers need some time to break in so make sure to give it at least 3 weeks or so of break-in time before you judge them.
    It's poissible your tunning will need to be re-done as once broken in they sound completly different then bran-new. In a good way offcourse.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited April 2011
    Oh man... lol.... no.. (hides in shame lol)

I was gonna isntall them last weekend but after some "measuring up" i realized that tweeer cups for SRs will never sit right in my car due to car's angles so i have to either have tweets pointed right at my crotch (that's as close to "on axis as it'll get haha) or need to get creative with fiberglass/bondo/something... to get them mounted right.
    Already bought extra mirror covers from the dealer, gonna start glassing over this weekend.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1