PA amp's LED/FAN harness

Options
Vital
Vital Posts: 747
edited April 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
So PA amps have this "LED/FAN" harness that let's you connect led/fan (duh! lol) to the amp. It is a pretty cool feature to have if you are plannign on adding leds/fans to dress your install up as there's no need to run any other wires/swiches/relays for these small things as amp itself is a on/of switch, ground and constant.... cool

You think i can hook up let's say a line driver or an active crossover to this harness without getting a "turn on/turn off thump"?

According to what i know about this on/off thump as long as your amp turns on AFTER the rest of components are already on and shuts of BEFORE all of them do there will not be a "thump".

Thoughts?
2008 Nissan Altima
Kenwood DNX 5140
Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
Post edited by Vital on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Use a capacitor like I mentioned before to keep the line driver on a little longer so it won't turn off for a few seconds after the amp does. Won't help the turn on thump tho.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D