Poll for LSi listeners / owners......

pjdami
pjdami Posts: 1,894
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Okay for those of you that own or have listened to the LSi, do you like to listen to them naked or with the grills on?

I notice a bit more detail with the grills off (naked). Just curious as to what others are doing. I see both ways in the system showcase.

Have a great day and thanks for voting!
Paul
Post edited by pjdami on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited August 2003
    I'm really into seein the drivers personally. I wouldn't probably have the grills off on the 15's(too much reflective area comin back at ya), but on the 9's, I'd be DEFINITELY about those one's bein naked. I think that the overall design of a speaker, especially one as sexy as the LSi9, should be all about being seen AND heard.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2003
    Originally posted by brettw22
    (too much reflective area comin back at ya)

So reflective, in fact, that you can see your image in them? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......
    What attitude:D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • wrxmy02
    wrxmy02 Posts: 92
    edited August 2003
    you think if they want you to listen to them naked they would make them more pleasing to the eyes...hum sounds just like me.
    Front: LSI7
    Center: LSIC
    Surrounds: LSI7
    SVS PB2-ISD SUB [MONOLITH!]
    ATI 1805 Amp
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited August 2003
    I tried naked, my guests were in shock...they all left befor the first song was over.

oops, you guys are taking about the SPEAKERS/GRILLS....I think I know why they left in such a hurry.:eek:
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited August 2003
    Jee Whiz,

105 looks and only 11 votes. Oh well...

I hear ya Frank... only the women are allowed to go naked!

Well I was really just experimenting with posting a poll to see what it is like. I guess I'm going to have to try something more interesting next time I suppose. I thought the word naked would have their attention at least;)

Thanks to everyone that voted even though this was almost a pointless poll but I learned something in the process!

PJ
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2003
    Generally speaking, I like speakers with the grills in place. My B&W 601's are the exception, I love them sans grills. The LSi, I'm sort of torn, I don't find them dead sexy with the grills off like I do the beemers BUT they have the ugliest grill, IMO. I prefer the plain flat black fabric that the RT/RTi lines of old had. I really dislike the shinier fabric (and colored logo) that they have now. So far, that's my biggest complaint with the LSi's is I don't like the grill cloth.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • john22614
    john22614 Posts: 214
    edited June 2007
    I keep the grills on......they're in the living room.....look more refined that way
    B&W 804s mains
    B&W HTM4 center
    Polk PSW 1000 sub
    Outlaw 990 Pre Amp
    Anthem MCA 30 Amp
    Monitor Radius 180 surrounds
    Audiosource Stereo Amp for surrounds
    Denon 2910 Universal DVD/SACD Player
    Comcast DVR
    Pioneer Elite 42" Plasma 940 HD
    Harmony Universal Remote
    Blue Jeans interconnects and biwires
    Itunes Air Express
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2007
    For sound, grills off.

For looks, grills on.

That goes for the LSi15's I own.

Mike
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited June 2007
    Were they in an area that kids did not live - grills off all the way.

While the kids are still young, I dont even want them to know the grills come off. (let alone what is under there)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited June 2007
    psstt.. four years old thread? c'mon, the ghost from the past strike again? where's Paul anyways?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2007
    polkatese wrote: »
    psstt.. four years old thread? c'mon, the ghost from the past strike again? where's Paul anyways?

Nice, didn't even notice till you said something.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2007
    I have cats. Grills on! Luckily they haven't snagged them yet but better to keep them away from cones just in case.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • skipf
    skipf Posts: 694
    edited June 2007
    I keep the grills on to keep dust off of the drivers. Pull 'em off on occasion on my LSi-9's. Don't notice much difference in the sound, but it's fun to watch when I crank the volumn up. Those drivers sure can dance. It scared me how much they travelled the one time I hooked 'em up to my Silver 9t's. Figured 900 watts each was a little too much power, even though they handled it well.