W7

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited August 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
i heard the JL 12'' W7 and i have to get one. I was wondering if anybody has them and what they think of them. I will put it in a 98 vw beetle and space is kinda an issue. Should i go with a sealed box or a ported box. Also would a JBL 1200.1 amp be good for it or a JL 1000.1 amp. Or are their any good one channel amps for a good price out their.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2003
    the 12" w7 will not take over 750 watts rms -- if you try to put over power it, you will demolish it in a not too long time.

the 1200.1 probably isn't the healthiest thing for it either -- power aside, it's just not of quality enough. whats it a single 3 ohm coil right?

if so -- any decent amp that's 1000 x 1 at 2 ohms -- alpine MRD-1000 or something like that that's not going to stress the speaker with undue sloppiness.

happy box building --- if you don't buid a ported box to proper dimensions then you'll be buying a case of molson to wash away the tears... do your homework -- find out what the specific BEST ported box volume is and port design is for that sub -- i've had a whole mess of ppl tell me the factory suggested box sizes are aweful.

also -- hope you dont pay more than 300 for the sub - else you're getting screwed in the long run... 13w7 would probaby be a better purchase, if you could get it for 500 or less that might be a better way to go -- but prolly not by much.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge