SR104-DVC and a Hifonics HFI1000.1D amp on the way.

Priestslc
Priestslc Posts: 6
edited April 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
So as the title says I have a SR104-DVC and a Hifonics HFI1000.1D amp coming and I want to make sure that I set this up right, I spent allot of money and have heard nothing but good things about both these products.

I plan on wiring the sub so I get a 2 Ohm load, the notes from the amp say
"2 ohms: 750 watts x 1 chan." and the Sub says "700 Watts of CONTINOUS power-handling capability! Seriously."

I will be running the sub in a .85 Cu Ft sealed enclosure.

So does anyone have some good advice for tuning this amp so the speaker preforms at it's higher capability without risking damage to either the Sub or the AMP?

I'll be mating this to a Kenwood Kiv-700 with a proper 4 gauge amp install kit.

Any helpful hints are greatly appreciated, I am so looking forward to getting this all installed! I hope it is on par with the SW7000 10" eclipse I use to own.
Post edited by Priestslc on

Comments

• Priestslc
    edited March 2011
    I did not take that in to account, It has been some time since I have done a install, I got a 1 Cu. Ft. box, which should provide optimal airspace in the enclosure after accommodating for the subs volume.

One other thing that I would like to know, with a 1000 watt amp is a capacitor a good idea? I have had 1000 watt amps in this car with no issues at good volume before, I have never ran a cap so I really am interested to know peoples opinions on the matter.
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited March 2011
    If you google capacitors u'll find millions of threads where people bash them for a reason. Look it up.

Before considering a cap i'd def do BIG3/Grounding upgrade. Then change the battery, then alternator.

If all you're running is 1000W big3 is really all you need, rest is more of a "good to have" type of upgrades.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • Priestslc
    edited April 2011
    Well I looked in to that, completely makes sense, I will be getting that done, I think Ill go 2 Gauge wire which is double what I will be running for the amp, it may be a bit overkill but grounding is important. Thank you for the advice.
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited April 2011
    Go for 0 gauge.
    It's really not much more expensive then 2g, it's a lot more common and parts for it (connectors, terminals, fuseblocks.....) are also more common then specifically for 2g.

2g will be enough but just for the sake of doing it with "standard" 0g i'd go with 0.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1