Reliable brands for wiring?

Options
2»

Comments

• JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm not too worried about the battery. Between a H.O. alt and cap, I should have my current requirements covered. 200-250 amps should be more than enough. If it weren't for the damned TX heat, I would be fine with the OEM alt, but that air conditioner is pretty taxing in the summer. Plus this truck is going to get the full treatment of lights, etc. Maybe a winch too.
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • catib999
    catib999 Posts: 5
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I still have a bunch of Tsunami lying around from old installs, but don't mind picking up something better since.
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited May 2011
    Options
    tater6061 wrote: »
    I did notice a little more voltage loss with the KCA bot it was only a couple of hundredths of a volt.

........and you heard that difference in a car??? Go easy on the hallucinogens :biggrin:.
  • tater6061
    tater6061 Posts: 14
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Naw, just with a meter. I just wanted to know if there was a diff. And, it was to settle an argument with a buddy of mine running sound quality competitions. He sid that there was a "noticeable" difference in power transfer.
    Is the Silverado a regular,ext cab,or crew cab? I saw some people on another forum that have some truck installs. Although if you wanna run the 15's you might wanna pull the seat.
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's a crew. I am pulling the seat despite having enough space with them in. My enclosure's going to become a "utility box" of sorts. I'll have cubbies on top so I can throw my backpacks, groceries etc. in the back and not worry about things sliding around, and maybe even do a cargo-net pouch on the front so I can put bigger things in there and keep them in place. It's gonna be pretty cool.
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf