OK, I'm off on my way to Vermont in the morning

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited September 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Going to visit my sister. She lives in Burlington. I'm gonna be there until Tuesday so I may not be able to answer any questions if anyone is looking for me. At least not until Tuesday.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited August 2003
    I have am running three amps to my deck. Front, Rear and Non Fading. I am running two sets of components and two subs with the mono amp. I am thinking about adding a third sub and could it be possible to use two mono amps to run three subs. I'm considering adding a battery instead of another 1 farad cap. About possible setups with three polk momo subs mm-12 the two mono amps, separate amps for front and back to power the components and wattage of 125 x2 for the two amps and 400 x 1 all the 4 ohms for the sub and mono amps.. My question is.. What do I do about the barking of the neighbors dog?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jstas
    edited August 2003
    Shoot it.

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2003
    Jstas, you are incorrect, he ought shoot himself.

:)

gotta go talk to Yoda now...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    edited August 2003
    Well, I'm back. Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin!

Vermont was cool, had a good time. But as always, it wasn't long enough for a vacation. I miss my sister too. I wouldn't mind going back up again either but, gotta recover financially right now. I also gained like 10 pounds. Too much beer and heavy duty restaurant meals!

• PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2003
    you sob -- my crazy gf took me on a bloody camping trip with no beer and lots of hiking -- i'm almost frightened to say i may have lost a whole pound or something.

i'm going on vac. with you next year.

any lobster in those heavy duty dinners? VT is near maine isn't it?
  • Jstas
    edited August 2003
    Nah, no lobster really. Just really heavy, maple syrup laden breakfasts and a plethora of micro-breweries. I did have rabbit for dinner one night and duck quesadillas as an appetizer. Oh yeah, lots of fresh Ben and Jerry's every night! My sister lives 2 blocks off of the main strip and 3 blocks from a Ben and Jerry's Scoop Shop.

I was going to ask you if you were up to coming up but it's a 6 hour drive from Buffalo to Burlington, Vermont.

But that camping trip doesn't sound so bad. Then again, I grew up camping in the Boy Scouts.

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2003
    i made it through cub scouts then i started getting beat up on a daily basis by the elder boy scouts...

... by highschool i had gotten big enough to beat the living shizzle out of every one of them, and i'd say that by the time i graduated, i just about did just that.

boy scouts probably would have been a lot of fun... but i had the unfortunate luck of being the runt of the lot.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MoT0R_He4D
    MoT0R_He4D Posts: 15
    edited September 2003
    well if you gained 10 up in vermont then you dont want to head down to my neck of the woods ( florida pan handle Pensacola to be exact) i have always cruised in the 155 to 165 pound class ,living here with my girl and im hangin in the 195 to 205 range talk about heavy meals lol damn sea food gets me everytime .
    BTW 6 hours isnt that bad of a drive .... well then again i have travelled 95% of the states in the union , 5 provinces of canada and three of mexico so i guess i have a bias outlook on time it takes to get someplace in a car but that is why i have spent thousands of dollars on car audio equipment over the years ,kinda figure that if im gonna be in a car for countless hours i might as well have the sweetest damn enviroment to be in for those hours ..heh
    as for camping it isnt time for me to get out in the woods yet early november is my camping time and i have reservations along with my brother and step-dad in alabama at a nice lil lodge .
    nope no tents this year we went all out and now those Bama deer are in trouble ;) ...... be trying out my new 270 WSM (winchester short magnum) this year so that will be a treat in itself .. ok im rambling ...... guess ill go get started on my amp /sub install, you guys have a good one.

Teh MoT0R
    Not all who wander are lost ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited September 2003
    you want to talk about food...i live in south texas...where everytown of over 3000 ppl has at least 2 mexican food restaurants...want to talk about fattening...
    i live about 45 minutes from the coast...and sea food doenst compare to mexican food as far as getting fat...lol
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    there is a restaurant in florida -- in the titusville area -- on the inlet coast... its called "sea harvest" and its like a little shanty town shack of a place set inside a ghetto looking marina, but they've got the best food i had in florida... a real diamond in the rough so to speak.

i think its like exit 79 off of I95, may be 80 or 78, but its in that area... its like one or two exits north of the exit for NASA.
  • Jstas
    edited September 2003
    And the pissing contest begins.

• Jstas
    edited September 2003
    Oh, by the way, I'm not worried about how far anyone else has travelled or where they go or whether they want to make me feel small or something. 6 hours may not be a long drive to some but for others, it may very well be a long drive.

As far as food and fat asses go, I'm far from a fat **** and I am entirely capable of eating most people 3 times my size under the table but I choose not to. In addition, I did alot of walking while in Vermont so gaining 10 pounds over 5 days yet walking roughly 20 miles a day is alot of weight to gain.

I lost it all already though.

• PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    "my dad can piss farther than your dad"... :)
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited September 2003
    3 hours in a car is a long drive for me...
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    edited September 2003
    I did 12 to Michigan and just over 14 on the way back. Would have been 16 but I was tired of driving and doubled the speed limit on the PA Turnpike on the way home. Covered Pittsburgh to Philly in about 4 hours. It's usually a 5 to 5.5 hour ride.

THAT was too long! I think 10 hours is my sane limit. I'll drive farther but I gotta have someone to switch off and talk to.

• MoT0R_He4D
    MoT0R_He4D Posts: 15
    edited September 2003
    HEEEE HEEMMMMM here goes ........ ;)

my longest strecth in a car is in my last accord and i was in teh car for 50+ hours and to which i decied i was utterly exhausted and decided to stop att he next off ramp which i recall as bein a 1/4 mile away and then dosed off with the cruise set at 95mph
    needless to say it was very unpretty but that was the longest time i have drove just nonstop (other then for fuel of course and i have travelled all my life) think another good run was when my parents myself and my girlfriend at the time went from alberta canada (i want to say from the town of Red deer) to arkansas in three (yes 3) days coming out of canada into montana then goin back west and running down through the coastal states wrapping around through cali grabbin my step dads jacked up mom and bringing here annoying arse along ( know my mother went about crazy riding with that woman from So.Cali. to arkansas lol) but as it all goes be damned if we didnt do it from Alberta to arky land in three days lol........latez all

P.S and yes guys im lil more cautious these days no more pushing the boundaries of how far i can go with no sleep and being of a sober state heh
    Teh MoT0R
    Not all who wander are lost ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    on my occasionaly crazy days i drove buff to albany to jersey back to buffalo in one sitting -- did that like 6 times... hated that.

crazy trucker stories were cool to listen to though.

fell asleep at the wheel the first or 2nd time and the **** guy ridin shotgun had to literally like flop on top of me and put his foot to the brake and wheel and bring us to a halt.
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited September 2003
    i bet that's why he floped on top of you ;D
    admit it pbd you liked it ;D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2003
    "ooooh baby"... uh.. ya.. sure :)