Looking for input and configuration advice on marine install....

adamsz06
adamsz06 Posts: 1
edited March 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
My first post on the forum...so thanks in advance for any advice. I'm not new to installs...I've done many car audio systems in the past twenty years, but I'm about to jump into my first open-air system. Here's the equipment that just arrived to be installed in a 1999 Bayliner Capri 21' open bow:

- Pioneer 8300UB hu
- Pioneer CMDR80 wired remote (swimdeck)
- Polk PA880
- Polk PA660
- Polk SR124dvc sub
- Polk DB691 (rear passenger area)
- Polk DB651 (cockpit area)
- Polk DB401 (bow area)

So far, 691 and 651 will be amped by the PA660, while the 401 will be run off hu power for a little fill. Sub will be in a sealed 1.7 cu ft sealed box and mounted at the drivers feet under the dash facing rearward, with amps mounted in the storage cubby immediately above it. Fans will be installed to keep the amps cool. My main concern here is the best setup to get loud when needed....I no longer have the luxury of car interior acoustics and the system will always be competing with a high level of ambient noise. I know the sub is more of an SQ sub, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on it. I'm on the verge of buying a second 880 because from what I've read its a power hungry monster in an SPL setup. Thing is, if I'm correct, a second 880 is only going to add 100w rms? Feel free to let me know how you'd set this system up with components listed, and the possible addition of a second PA880. Any other tips from people who've done it are welcome as well....I'd rather learn from people who've already made the mistakes...thanks again.
Post edited by adamsz06 on