Satellite Setup Wireing problem....

avelanchefan
avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
edited September 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have Sirius installed by CC. How is this to be acheived when wiring to the batery etc....

Reason I ask is because my factory alarm, rear windshall wipers, and dome lights short circuited a week ago. Took it in to be serviced and they said the radio has been wired to the fuse box, and it is short ciruiting my system. Looked in the fuse box and sure enough there are two "clips" that are wired into my fuses that should not be there.

So what now? I know I need to go back to CC, but how should I address the problem, and what do I need them to install?

Thanks for the help.
Sean
XboxLive--->avelanchefan
PSN---->Floppa
http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
Post edited by avelanchefan on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited August 2003
    I would simply tell them that their wiring installation short circuited my stuff...I would think that would be enough...call first and ask though...cuz if they dont take it itll give you time to think of another reason...lol
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2003
    put it to them like this...

"hello - i trusted you with the install of my tuner, however, apparently that was too much effort -- why was the tuner tied into a circuit that was already loaded to its capacity with OEM equipment (washers / etc) ? the tuner should have been tied to an under-loaded source, such as the fuse or hot line running to the starter key feed, as once the vehicle is started, there is absolutely no load on that line, and the line is already set up for the large draw of starting. While I realize the tuner only draws about 1.5 to 3 amps tops, 3 amps on a 30 amp circuit that is already drawing 29 amps, is 3 amps too many... (or whatever is the specific deal in this case). Please properly re-wire my satellite radio to a source that is suitable. also replace any blown fuses, and any other damaged wiring or components which are as such as a result of this mistake. if there are any components which will need to be serviced by a mechanic or dealer or more skilled electrician, then file it under your company insurance and cover the cost of repairs as needed. "

if they say no -- talk to the STORE manager (if dept manager or road shop manager says no - go to store manager) -- if he says no - call CC corporate up. they'll take care of it.

the key thing is tone, whatever u say - say it in a manner that is not asking or begging or hoping for them to help, but demanding it, because you know they caused the problem, and you know its their responsibility - talk the talk, walk the walk, and take no ****.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2003
    So I take the vehicle in to CC today ready for a fight. Those **** wipes did not give me one stitch of problem. Said yes sir, we will take care of it right now. And we are sorry that this happened.

So they get it in the bay, and I go out to "supervise". Guy starts taking apart the radio, and I show him the problem fuses, and where they wired it in. The guy is like "thats not my wires." I said "say again"?

So he says there is no way those are coming from the satellite or stereo, he pulls apart the whole system to show me. Then he is nice enough to follow the culprit wires all the way to the after market sunroof installed last winter.

GGGRRREEEEAAAATTTT. What a GDamn nightmare. So I call the dealership again, explained the situation, they call the installers, who say no prob we fix for free. Its all good.....but it's another day freaking around sitting for my vehicle. It's just one big mess!
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited September 2003
    that's the nice thing about CC, if we screw your car up, we'll fix it. Normally they don't make waves with the customer because they want the customer to be happy, because a happy customer tells his friends that he was happy with CC, then they go to CC. If they're happy they tell their friends and so on and so forth. However if they are unhappy that can cause a lot of lost buisness down the road. So normally if you have a problem they'll take care of it right away, often even if they already have a full installation line-up
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2003
    Call the CC where you got it intalled and ask them for the COOL LINE... They will get this fixed for you ASAP.. then to make things better.. Ask their GM for the Roadshop's District Manager's number and call that guy.. I ran into a problem with an install before and I approach:
    COOL LINE
    District Manager
    Store GM

and my issues got resolved in 24 hours
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2003
    jamas - his problem was not caused by CC as he stated above -- CC actually was accomidating, checked it out, found out it was being caused by his sunroof not the satellite... and now he has to deal with the sunroof installers/dealership, not CC.

anywho... ya in shop CC work, while sometimes a bit too shoddy for my tastes, is - compared to most independant shops - much better... as they want the respect and future business (and reccomendation) of their customers.... which is a good thing.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited September 2003
    funny CC Roadshop story... Had this guy but the Inifity Referance Series comp sets. He declined the extended warranty that guranties for $39 that if your speakers blower anytime in the next 2 yrs you'll get a new pair of your $200 component set. had them for just over a year(past the manufacturer warranty). They blew cause he was a dumbass. He came in and tried to get us to swap them out. It wasn't our fault that they blew, it wasn't our fault that he didn't buy the extended warranty. The moron didn't get the point and kept fussin about wantin new speakers threw a fit to my GM and our Ops Manager. they said too bad it's your own fault(which it was). He got the cool line number. He never came back. the dork wasted all that energy being an **** and got nothing to show for it. the moron...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.